Los Angeles, CA or Remote /
Business Systems /
Are you an experienced Salesforce developer looking to become a full-time, valued member of a team instead of a churn-and-burn consulting house? Are you looking to join a mission driven company where your contribution will be immediately utilized in our highly adopted Salesforce instance? If so, read on and apply, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Team:
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We are on a mission to help local restaurants survive and thrive in these challenging times by powering branded online ordering for independent restaurants with a fairly priced subscription model; not a sky-high per order commission. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. We pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. Our mission became even more important in 2020 and we are expanding to scale our operations even further in 2021. If this sounds like the kind of workplace and the kind of mission that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
About the Position:
As a Salesforce Developer, you will join our Business Systems team, using your expertise in the Salesforce platform to create solutions for ChowNow’s most important operational initiatives as we scale our mission to help local restaurants survive and thrive.
This role can be at HQ in Los Angeles or remote and reports to the Business Systems Director.
Specifically, you will:
- Use your Salesforce development expertise to design and execute solutions for new strategic projects while supporting incoming production requests.
- Partner with key business stakeholders to develop Salesforce as a platform for smarter selling, growth marketing, and customer support at scale.
- Reduce Salesforce tech debt by conducting code reviews and refactoring where necessary.
- Join the technical migration from Salesforce Classic to Lightning UI.
- Work directly with stakeholders to understand their problems and develop automated solutions in Salesforce as well as an ecosystem of integrations and installed packages.
- Discover processes that can be automated to enrich the user experience for our end-users and customers, then design and execute elegant solutions.
- Manage environments, deployments, data cleansing & data import tasks.
- Balance the need for custom code and configuration, while adhering to Salesforce best practices for declarative development.
- Contribute as a valued team member to our culture of mutual respect, productivity, diversity, and continuous learning.
You Should Apply If:
- You have 3+ years of Salesforce development experience with additional background in ERP, data tools, or other internal system implementations.
- You have an understanding of web services and REST API development.
- You are comfortable wearing a solution architecture hat, working directly with business stakeholders to understand their goals and translating them into best in class solutions.
- You have an understanding of SDLC best practices and demonstrable experience applying them to Salesforce application development, including unit testing, code hygiene, GitHub, and repository maintenance.
- You have the ability to shift gears between declarative configuration, code, and integration development.
- You have at least 1 active Salesforce development certification. (Advanced certifications are a plus)
- You work well as a team, contributing to our culture of collaboration, sharing knowledge, and encouraging each other.
- You have a personal passion for continued learning.
Within 1 Month You’ll:
- Complete the ChowNow onboarding camp to gain a deep understanding of our mission, customers and business.
- Shadow each stakeholder department, gaining an understanding of the ChowNow business workflows in Salesforce and our ecosystem of integrated applications.
- Begin attending regular prioritization and requirements meetings as part of the Business Systems team.
- Start contributing to sprints by completing your first development tasks.
- Complete a deep dive review of our Salesforce customizations and end to end system flows.
Within 3 Months You’ll:
- Participate as an active team member in bi-weekly development sprints.
- Gain a detailed understanding of the current state of Salesforce at ChowNow and take ownership of an area for improvement, such as automation, tech debt reduction, or code refactoring.
- Contribute to at least one strategic Salesforce project.
- Demo the completion of your first enhancements to stakeholders in our bi-weekly sprint review.
- Complete deep learning in at least one Salesforce object and own improvements or automation.
Within 6 Months You’ll:
- Become a trusted partner to the business by solving some of the most common pain points causing friction for our users or customers.
- Contribute to the successful completion of Lightning migration.
- Own the end to end process for your assigned user stories; from requirements through unit testing and release.
- Work with stakeholders to solve at least one pain point in the Sales, Customer Support or Growth Marketing process.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching.
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series.
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.