Los Angeles, CA
Do you have a passion for building meaningful relationships? Do you gain personal satisfaction from solving puzzles, making others feel welcome and operating from a continuous improvement lens? Are you a task master who has a laser focused eye for accuracy and attention to detail? If so, then this is a great role for you!
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Facebook, Google, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 11,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent). Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
About the Position:
As our Executive Assistant, you will act as an integral part of the team, gaining exposure to leadership at a fast growing company. Your main duties will include supporting the CEO and Executive Team in operational and administrative functions, as well as establishing yourself as a vital support resource at ChowNow.
Working from our Los Angeles office, you will:
- Create or direct the creation of reports, charts, budgets and other presentation materials for the Executive Team.
- Organize, execute, and assist with team activities (staff meeting agendas, all-hands meetings, off-sites, and team social events).
- Own and manage company-wide calendar, scheduling and conference room bookings.
- Responsible for handling all corporate travel for the executive team.
- Undertake projects on a wide variety of issues as requested by the Executive Team.
- Partner with the People + Culture team on special projects to support the culture of ChowNow.
- Handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
Reports to CEO; No direct reports.
Within 30 Days You’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Own and manage the CEO’s calendar with the foresight for which meetings take higher priority than others.
- Attend all appropriate meetings with Executive Team and department leaders to gain a greater understanding of the business.
- Review existing administrative processes and provide your recommendations to improve efficiency.
- Take ownership of conference room calendars, using independent judgement to determine which meetings require priority.
Within 60 Days You’ll:
- Schedule, coordinate and provide communication for our Monthly Business Review meeting for ChowNow’s leadership team.
- Take ownership and/or provide assistance in scheduling for the additional members of the Executive Team.
- Own the Executive Team meeting weekly agenda, and assume responsibility for recording minutes and assigning action items.
Within 90 Days You’ll:
- Host your first Affinity Group meeting with a goal of helping the various teams improve their membership and participation rates.
- Schedule, coordinate and provide communication for our Town Hall (All Hands) and other quarterly meetings.
You Should Apply If:
- You have 4+ years of experience providing high-level administrative support at the executive level.
- You have experience with planning large team events and off-sites.
- You’re a top-notch communicator, with remarkable people skills.
- You have strong scheduling and coordination skills, and comfortable with last-minute changes.
- You’re detail oriented and excellent at time management.
- You're a power user of online productivity tools (e.g. Slack, Asana, and Google apps).
- You ‘re adaptable and thrive in ambiguous or rapidly changing situations where you can think on your feet.
- You always exercise strong judgment.
- You have the ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organization.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.