Customer Support Manager
Kansas City, MO
About the Position:
As a Customer Support Manager you will lead, motivate, coach and drive the CS team towards providing best in class support for our members and modeling best practices. Initially, you will be working with 7-10 highly motivated Customer Support Agents at ChowNow HQ and will be responsible for helping them drive results and achieve a higher level of mastery of the Customer Support roles.
Your day will often find you mentoring a talented team of Customer Support Representatives to ensure that they are set up for success to do their best work, providing “ground control” support to assist in client issues, and assisting in developing high level strategies with the Director to ensure the Customer Support team is a well-oiled machine.
About the Team:
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Facebook, Google, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 14,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent). Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
Within 3 months, you'll..
- Help bring on new additional CSRs and onboard them with a well-thought out and executed training plan.
- Assist in planning how the team will exceed their monthly CS goals: improve Sat scores by 5%; reduce response times by 10% by coming up with a more effective team schedule.
- Report on the top pain points within the department to the Director and come up with suggested solutions.
- Prep for Q3 OKRs and schedule / lead OKR session with CS team.
- Complete Management Anti-Harassment and HR Leadership Training.
Within 6 months, you'll..
- Achieve month-over-month increase in rep productivity as a result of coaching and consistent constructive feedback.
- Have all Badge training, testing and implementation executed.
- Increase your team’s metrics; your team will achieve / exceed 100% of goal.
You Should Apply If:
- You have at least 2 years of people management experience
- You are comfortable with tools like salesforce, excel and google sheets
- You have proven success in a call center environment
- You have experience rolling out new tools and processes to large teams
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.