Kansas City, MO
ChowNow is looking for a Shipping Coordinator who is highly-motivated and relentless in helping internal and external clients as quickly and efficiently as possible. If you have a passion for warehouse operations, and a desire to join a high energy company with an amazing culture, ChowNow has a role for you!
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Facebook, Google, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 11,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent). Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
About the Position:
As our Shipping Coordinator, you will have an active role within the Operations department assembling equipment, preparing and monitoring outbound parcel shipments, and processing customer returns.
Reports to Supply Chain Manager ; No Direct Reports
Specifically, you will:
- Track inbound shipments
- Process returns, checking it against the Returned Merchandise Authorizations (RMA’s)
- Assemble tablets
- Load applications onto tablets
- Adhere to important deadlines
Within 30 Days You’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Understand how to process returns
- Know how to build a complete unit for shipment
- Know how to use Salesforce and Fedex.com
Within 60 days You’ll:
- Know how to enter tablet information into Salesforce
- Understand how we use Airwatch (tablet monitoring system)
- Complete 70% of weekly returns
- Ship out 100% of daily exchanges
- Actively respond to inquiries in Salesforce
Within 90 days You’ll:
- Respond to all inquiries in Salesforce within the same business day
- Complete 80% of weekly returns
- Maintain prebuilt stock of greater than 100 units
You Should Apply If:
- You are adept with hardware and/or electronics, specifically Apple products
- You have a basic knowledge of logistics terminology and are extremely comfortable operating shipping systems like FedEx and UPS
- Previous experience in RMA process
- You enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- you have experience working with project management tools (i.e. SAP, Oracle, Podio and Salesforce).
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.