Senior Director of Onboarding
Los Angeles, CA or Remote /
About the Position:
As the Sr. Director of Onboarding Operations, you will own the management of people, process, and product operations for ChowNow’s Onboarding teams across two offices and distributed remote staff. You will manage, develop and operationalize the Onboarding teams.
You will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring upkeep for all systems and tools rolled out to Onboarding teams. You will work closely with Growth Marketing, Sales, Operations, as well as RS leadership to ensure consistency across the customer lifecycle. You will be expected to improve time to onboard and max capacity per rep through efficiencies, and to subsequently scale the teams in a cost effective way.
For all Onboarding operations, you will be accountable for the attainment of launch goals that align with the organization's budget/expectations. You will be expected to ensure a smooth customer Onboarding experience.
This role requires building effective and scalable processes, programs and systems that leverage both people and automation.
Reports to the Senior VP of Sales. This role will require travel to our regional Kansas City and Los Angeles offices.
About the Team:
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Google, Instagram, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 18,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent). Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
Within 1 Month You’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire OnboardingE Experience)
- Shadow Onboarding team members to develop a deep understanding of our onboarding process and begin to identify areas for improvement.
- Establish and run weekly team meetings including: 1:1’s with your direct reports and establish a regular cadence for skip level 1:1’s with individual contributors.
- Successfully complete ChowNow sales process and methodology training and demonstrate that you can help the team with specific questions and effectively coach them with specific onboarding challenges.
- Understand ChowNow’s Salesforce.com instance. You can customize reports, dashboards, and required data to give you an optimized view into AC production.
- Cross-train in onboarding, customer success, customer support and other functions.
Within 3 Month You’ll:
- Update and recruit for our staffing model for Onboarding teams
- Partner with our PDE team in support of our Mobile App Onboarding Team
- Review and refresh mobile app Onboarding process with goal of reducing time to launch by 10%
- Roll out Onboarding email automations for Onboarding with help of Growth Marketing
- Collaborate with Sales Leadership to launch pod goals
- Identify key areas for automation
Within 6 Months You’ll:
- Review and refresh career paths to reflect updated team efficiencies and KPIs
- Reduce the median Onboarding time to 15 days
- Reduce median Onboarding time for mobile apps by an additional 10%
- Identify key technologies to increase efficiencies
Within 12 Months You’ll:
- Develop a bench of leadership talent for Onboarding teams
- Increase max capacity per AC to 60 launches
You Should Apply If:
- You have a strong understanding of designing, measuring, and hitting team KPIs
- You have experience driving complex initiatives to successful completion, presenting the vision in a concise & inclusive manner.
- You have experience planning, organizing, scheduling and forecasting in an effective and productive manner.
- You’re able to consolidate data in ambiguous situations to identify themes, formulate a plan, and execute.
- You have experience in successfully rolling out new products and tools to multiple teams.
- You have a strong understanding of Salesforce (building reports and dashboards, designing new features, troubleshooting etc).
- You have demonstrated success in recruiting, training, and promoting individual contributors and emergent leaders
- You are passionate about making a measurable impact on business growth
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.