Onboarding Coordinator, Mobile Apps
Kansas City, MO
Do you love the restaurant and technology industries? Are you looking for an opportunity to develop your client services skills, while also learning organizational, and time management techniques? We are looking for a highly motivated Apps Onboarding Associate who is eager to help our restaurant partners thrive.
About the Position:
As an Onboarding Coordinator, Mobile Apps, you will be the main point of contact for ~250 clients at a time who have purchased a Mobile App from us. You will be responsible for guiding those restaurants through the Apple & ChowNow process from the time of app purchase all the way until they’re published in the App Stores. You will be proactively outbounding to about 50 restaurants per day with the goal of moving them along in the Apple Developer Program and publishing their app within 45 days.
You will work closely with our Onboarding, Sales, Restaurant Success, and Product Delivery teams. Your success will be measured by your ability to effectively manage and support clients through the necessary steps in the Apple Developer Program, coordinating behind the scenes account setup across multiple departments, and accurately logging all activity and data in Salesforce. You will have specific goals around activity per day, time to launch, and number of monthly launches.
This is a brand new team at ChowNow, so whoever joins will have a huge influence on the team processes, as well as the team culture. We want you to be comfortable sharing your ideas and feedback, and be excited to raise your hand with new ideas.
This position is located in the heart of the Crossroads Arts District.
A one-of-a-kind workplace on a mission to preserve one-of-a-kind food.
ChowNow is on a mission to help local, independent restaurants thrive. Because of the vitality they bring to our neighborhoods and cities. Because of the amazing, one-of-a-kind food they create. And because the restaurant business is tougher than ever -- thanks to increasing competition, complexity, and the rise of third-party delivery services that gouge restaurants on every sale.
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Facebook, Google, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee, regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
We pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 14,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase.
If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk. Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent) and by browsing our open roles at chownow.com/careers. Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
Within 1 Month You’ll:
- Complete your ChowNow new hire onboarding (Ramp Camp) and learn the ins and outs of ChowNow, our various departments and our product
- Complete an extensive and in depth Apps Onboarding training lead by your manager, as well as members of the team who have worked closely with Mobile Apps
- Receive your first 50 onboarding accounts
- Audio-record your client facing phone calls (or have them shadowed) and receive 1:1 coaching from your manager
Within 3 Months You’ll:
- Onboard and manage a queue of at least 200 accounts
- Complete client phone calls and emails without manager review or shadowing
- Earn a minimum Quality Assurance score of 90%
Within 6 Months You’ll:
- Be able to handle a consistent portfolio of around 200-250 accounts at a given time
- Be a master in understanding and working alongside the Apple Developer Program
- Proactively identify and implement ways to increase efficiency in our Onboarding processes
Within 12 Months You’ll:
- Assist in training new App Onboarding Associates through shadowing and info sessions
You Should Apply If:
- You have a proven track record of multi-tasking, project management, organization, and customer servicing skills
- You enjoy juggling a large number of tasks at a given time and are excited by a long to-do list
- You’re not afraid to pick up the phone or to be clear about what you need from someone
- You are able to work well with a wide variety of personalities and are highly collaborative
- You are a creative thinker and are excited about a newly designed role and learning with your team as we go
- You are highly motivated to achieve your quantitative goals, while always offering a high level of quality service
- You are genuinely interested in growing your career in a fast paced, goal oriented, client facing position
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.