Lead Experience Designer, Diner Domain
Los Angeles, CA or Remote /
Product Design /
Here at ChowNow, the Product Design team has a passion for helping restaurants thrive and impacting our local communities. We’re working on big challenges, with the goal of helping local restaurants survive, thrive, and build relationships with the customers who love them.
As our company enters a new stage of growth, we’re looking for strategic thinkers who can champion and further our culture of human-centered design and innovation.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a Lead Experience Designer, you will be responsible for weaving together insights and data to drive product innovation and strategy for our Diner audiences. Through human-centered design principles, Experience Designers understand and anticipate pain points + opportunities, frame product strategies, define vision states, and guide teams to MVP launches. The two primary products this role will be focused on are (a.) branded restaurant apps + sites, and (b.) marketplace product app + site.
Through collaboration with Researchers, Product Designers, Engineers, Data Analysts, Product Managers, Customer Service, and others, you will lead collaborative work to define and build intuitive,loveable food ordering products. You will work with teams grounded in strong collaboration, impeccable design, and results-driven product development.
This role will champion human-centered design across the organization to develop scalable and performant products that our customers love. The decisions you make will have a huge impact on our customers and provide key learning opportunities for the product organization. Understanding the importance of user testing and feedback is integral to developing efficient products at ChowNow, and you will work cross-functionally to identify learning opportunities, iterate on customer feedback, and empower one another.
Reports to Experience Design Manager; No direct reports.
Specifically, you will:
- Lead user research initiatives and become an expert on our Diner audiences. You’ll distill this expertise into artifacts such as personas, journey maps, blueprints, and ecosystem maps.
- Partner with Product Designers, other Experience Designers and Researchers focused on Diner audiences to uncover connections in the ecosystem and drive product development. You will create journey maps, service blueprints and other artifacts uncover such connections and opportunities
- Synthesize and organize findings into clear and actionable product strategies, ultimately landing on our product roadmaps.
- Conceptualize and give form to products and features through sketches, storyboards, wireframes, and prototypes, if applicable.
- Engage in the end-to-end product development process, partnering closely with cross functional partners like Product, Engineering, and Data Science.
- Lead brainstorm sessions and workshops with stakeholders across the organization, across our Product, Marketing, customer-facing teams, and beyond.
Within 30 Days You’ll:
- Complete our ChowNow New Hire Onboarding Experience.
- Learn the ins and outs of ChowNow, our products, and our audiences.
- Participate in and conduct user research with our Diner and Restaurant Partners.
- Learn about our Product Design and development process.
Within 60 Days You’ll:
- Develop user research artifacts (ex. personas, journey maps).
- Conduct research and analysis around ChowNow’s products and the competitive landscape, as well as inspiration outside the category.
- Support squads on existing initiatives by helping conduct user testing to inform product decisions and implement new design thinking based on customer feedback.
Within 90 Days You’ll:
- Ideate and create concepts for future-facing products and/or services.
- Be well on your way to owning a project from research, to ideation, into implementation.
You Should Apply If:
- You are known for your ability to collaborate and empathize with your audience and with team members across disciplines.
- You have an ability to take complex information and distill it into meaningful insights and ideas that inspire action.
- You have strong skills in communicating your insights through presentations, sketches, storyboards, and other artifacts.
- You have 7+ years of experience as a Experience Designer or similar role at agencies/consulting companies and / or in-house.
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates your ability to deeply understand business problems, technology and users; and your ability to define and design performant products / services.
- You have experience with Agile (this is a plus and not a requirement for consideration).
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience.
- A remote first culture and monthly stipend offering flexibility to work where you want and how you want.
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 7 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 8 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series.
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap.
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Read here about your California privacy rights.