Business Operations & Strategy Manager, Marketplace
Los Angeles, CA or Remote /
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Instagram, Google, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date, we’ve created over 20,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent). Together we can preserve
neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
About the Position:
As our Business Operations & Strategy Manager, Marketplace, you will be a thought partner for all members of the marketplace team. You will work on answering the most critical questions for the marketplace business as we scale. You will initially report to the VP & GM of Marketplace and eventually report to the Director of BizOps & Strategy. As the business grows, you will have a chance to grow your team as well
Specifically, you will:
- Be the primary point of contact for the marketplace leadership team on critical questions related to our near-term and long-term success
- Work cross-functionally with Data & Analytics (DnA), Product, Marketing, Sales, Creative, Sales Ops, BD, Ux etc. to drive strategic initiatives forward
- Evaluate and help prioritize growth opportunities, including new marketplace product features, customer segments, market expansion etc. with clear structure and analytical rigor
- Help define and manage our marketplace OKRs, KPIs in collaboration with DnA team
- Run weekly performance updates with marketplace leadership team and recommend course-corrections as needed
Within 30 Days You’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Build hypothesis on current and future customer segmentation while working with DnA team
- Absorb all current progress to date and drive learnings and insights towards next steps
- Build hypothesis on future market expansions
- Build OKR framework for marketplace along with key input and output metrics for all three sides of our market
Within 60 Days You’ll:
- Help define pilot markets and then build execution plan
- Help define incentive structures for consumers and merchants
- Collaborate with teams to start A/B testing our customer segmentation
Within 90 Days You’ll:
- Based on learnings to date, help guide the team on course corrections we need to make
- Start defining your own strategic initiatives to focus and drive
- Build on all the current in-flight strategic initiatives
You Should Apply If you:
- Have a low ego and have a knack for collaborating with a wide range of people
- Love rapid change, are extremely curious and are excited by our mission to create a better marketplace for merchants and consumers
- Have strong executive presence and story-telling skills
- Are adept in bringing clear and logical structure to ambiguous questions
- Are highly analytical and think from first principles
- Are driven by results and enjoy doing whatever it takes to execute on complex projects
- Have a process-oriented mindset and ability to lead people to get things done
- Have at least 5+ years of work experience in a high-growth startup, consulting or investment banking, private equity etc.
- Have experience with consumer marketplaces
- Have advanced skills in Excel, data-modelling, SQL and dashboarding
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience.
- A remote first culture and monthly stipend offering flexibility to work where you want and how you want.
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 7 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 8 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series.
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap.
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Read here about your California privacy rights.