Adapt180 Health MD/DO
Adapt180 Health – Clinician /
Adapt180 Health is a new health transformation platform created by globally-renowned clinician and thought leader Chris Kresser, M.S. L.Ac. Launching in August of 2020, Adapt180 Health will offer a new model of care integrating Functional Medicine, nutrition, and health coaching to provide members with an exceptional level of service and support.
Adapt180 Health will utilize a membership model which includes access to Functional Medicine practitioners, nutritionists, health and fitness coaches, text- and app-based support, a monthly webinar with Chris, a monthly Q&A with the Adapt180 Health staff, guided classes and challenges (e.g. a class on gut health, a 30-day sleep challenge, etc.), supplements and labs, and other benefits.
Adapt180 Health is a 100% virtual, telehealth-based service. At launch it will be open to residents of 47 US states, eventually expanding to all 50 states and international residents as well.
We are currently seeking physicians (MD/DO) to join our team. This is a unique opportunity to be among the first Functional clinicians on the Adapt180 Health team.
- Licensed as an MD or DO in a US state
- Willing to get licensed in multiple US states
- Graduate (or current student) of ADAPT Practitioner Training Program
- Strong familiarity and experience with Functional Medicine diagnostics (blood, saliva, stool, urine, breath, etc.) and treatment protocols
- Experience with ancestral nutrition and lifestyle factors such as stress management, sleep, and physical activity
- Familiarity with special dietary approaches like keto/low-carb, low-FODMAP, low-salicylate, AIP, intermittent fasting, fasting, etc.
- Available for at least 20 hours a week
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Has experience working in a Functional Medicine setting (either in your own private practice or as part of a team)
- Has formal training in Functional Medicine in addition to ADAPT (IFM, etc.)
- Is comfortable with modern software platforms, including EHRs, and capable of learning new technologies quickly
- Has experience with telemedicine/virtual care and is comfortable working with patients in this way
- Is interested in caring for complex, multi-layered health problems that require careful thought, attention to detail, and willingness to think outside of the box
Structure and compensation:
Adapt180 Health utilizes an MSO (management services organization) model. We will contract with you (or your corporation, if you have one) to provide medical services to our members. Compensation is competitive and includes time for appointment preparation/follow-up as well as communication with Adapt180 Health members.
This position has some flexibility. It could become full-time, but if you prefer to maintain your own practice or continue with other obligations or commitments, you may choose to contract with us on a part-time basis. We do ask that contracted clinicians dedicate at least 20 hours a week to Adapt180 Health.
Contracted clinicians are expected to maintain their own malpractice liability insurance and licensure in at least one state. Adapt180 Health will cover the expense of getting licensed in additional states.