Senior QA Engineer
Chronicled has established the decentralized MediLedger Network, which connects the pharmaceutical industry and runs mission critical processes. You will be working on the software that connects to and runs the Network. You will be participating in the development of a cutting-edge platform using the latest technological achievements at the intersection of blockchain, cryptography, distributed computing and network protocols.
As Senior QA Engineer you will collaborate with the product and engineering teams to deliver high quality, distributed software that supports mission critical functions of Fortune 100 companies. You are detail-oriented, passionate about product quality, and a strong advocate for the end-user experience. You also have the ability to implement or adopt the most effective approach to quality by combining manual and automated tests as most appropriate. As a senior engineer in the organization, you will be driving quality efforts, leading by example, coaching peers, and working with a talented team to build an event-driven, enterprise grade solution based on microservices.
What you will do:
- Own the end-to-end quality of the solution’s product components
- Review and provide feedback for functional requirements, design documents, and acceptance criteria
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Test new product features and ensure they are delivered with the highest quality
- Identify, troubleshoot, and track bugs to resolution
- Mentor other QA engineers across the engineering department on best practices and processes
- Work closely with product management and development teams to strategically identify and prioritize high-value test cases
- Be an advocate for automation and work with stakeholders to strategize and execute a plan that decreases manual efforts and increases efficiency and speed
- Work with stakeholders to successfully close out quick release cycles
What you will need:
- Proficiency in designing and implementing test plans and test cases
- Experience in working with agile processes
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of test automation, and a familiarity with various test automation frameworks and their trade-offs
- Demonstrated experience in designing and building world-class test automation for synchronous and asynchronous RESTful APIs, and UI
- Experience with testing enterprise-grade solutions in highly regulated industries
- Experience strategizing and implementing all aspects of performance and resiliency testing, along with the ability to analyze resulting metrics
- Experience with modern technologies such as TypeScript, Scala, Postgres, RabbitMQ, React, GraphQL, and Kubernetes
- Proficiency in automating and maintaining tests with Cypress
- Proven work in fast-paced environments
- At least 4 years of experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
At Chronicled we take pride in our Total Rewards Package which is available to all full time Chronicled Employees:
Competitive Rewards: Comprehensive and competitive employment and rewards packages for all employees
Equipment: Macbook pro and accessories standard issue. As well as a modern fully stocked office space with many amenities
Flexibility: We believe flexibility comes in multiple forms. Freedom to express yourself with an open startup casual dress code, Flexible schedules.
Welcoming Culture: We call ourselves a family for a reason. We foster a fun and creative atmosphere where anyone can openly contribute ideas, feel appreciated, and feel empowered to be who they are. Fun is also highly encouraged! Frequent offsite team building events and weekly happy hours.
Recognition: Respect and prominence due to work contributions, working on cutting edge technology. Our employees are celebrated and recognized for their contributions
Variety: Opportunities to experience different job tasks, responsibilities, and project opportunities
Workload: Challenging and fast paced work. There is never a dull moment in our Enterprise Blockchain Laboratory.
Work Importance: The typical Chronicled team member has a bias for action. We do. We build. We step outside of the scope. We believe we will change the world.
Control your own Destiny: Ability to influence others and control one’s own destiny.
Advancement: Opportunities to get ahead both personally and professionally.