Engineering Manager, QA
Chronicled has established the decentralized MediLedger Network, which connects the pharmaceutical industry and runs mission critical processes. You will be working on the software that connects to and runs the Network. You will be building a cutting-edge platform using the latest technological achievements at the intersection of blockchain, cryptography, distributed computing and network protocols.
As Engineering Manager, QA you will own the overall quality of distributed software that supports mission critical functions of Fortune 100 companies. As a hands-on, senior manager in the organization you will be driving quality efforts, leading by example, coaching peers, and working with a talented team to build an event-driven, enterprise grade solution based on microservices.
What you will do:
- Own the end-to-end quality of complete enterprise solutions
- Drive a coherent test strategy and comprehensive methodology across multiple application services and engineering teams
- Oversee test planning and execution by leveraging strong project management skills
- Actively participate in design reviews to ensure appropriate test coverage and test methods
- Drive a comprehensive test automation strategy in partnership with the Engineering Teams
- Influence software teams to raise the bar on quality deliverables, and ensure that features and bug fixes come with automated test coverage
- Own, measure and report on security, performance, scalability and resiliency of the software
- Generate coverage metrics, quality reports and trends for Engineering Managers, Executives, Product Team and internal stakeholders
- Hire and develop a world-class QA team
- Evangelize Quality Assurance processes while implementing water tight Quality Control checkpoints
What you will need:
- Proficiency in project management and designing test plans
- Experience in establishing and iteratively improving company-wide processes
- Experience in test automation, performance and resiliency testing
- Proficiency in designing and building world class test automation infrastructure for synchronous and asynchronous APIs, and UI
- Experience with testing enterprise-grade solutions
- Familiarity with modern technologies such as TypeScript, Java, Postgres, RabbitMQ and React
- Proven work in fast-paced environments
- At least 3 years of experience of management in addition to at least 4 years of hands-on software engineering experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
At Chronicled we take pride in our Total Rewards Package which is available to all full time Chronicled Employees:
Competitive Rewards: Comprehensive and competitive employment and rewards packages for all employees
Full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision. 401k, 529 College Saving Plan, Gym Membership, Commuter Benefits, Employee Perks Program
Equipment: Macbook pro and accessories standard issue. As well as a modern fully stocked office space with many amenities
Daily Meals: Come to work hungry—our healthy catered lunch options and ample drinks and snacks make sure your body and soul are always well-fueled.
Location: Centrally located and easily accessible offices in San Francisco
Flexibility: We believe flexibility comes in multiple forms. Freedom to express yourself with an open startup casual dress code, Flexible schedules. Best of all we have an unlimited vacation policy that allows you to get the rest and relaxation you need to refresh.
Welcoming Culture: We call ourselves a family for a reason. We foster a fun and creative atmosphere where anyone can openly contribute ideas, feel appreciated, and feel empowered to be who they are. Fun is also highly encouraged! Frequent offsite team building events and weekly happy hours.
Recognition: Respect and prominence due to work contributions, working on cutting edge technology. Our employees are celebrated and recognized for their contributions
Variety: Opportunities to experience different job tasks, responsibilities, and project opportunities
Workload: Challenging and fast paced work. There is never a dull moment in our Enterprise Blockchain Laboratory.
Work Importance: The typical Chronicled team member has a bias for action. We do. We build. We step outside of the scope. We believe we will change the world.
Control your own Destiny: Ability to influence others and control one’s own destiny.
Advancement: Opportunities to get ahead both personally and professionally.