Software Engineering – Applications
As Senior Software Engineer at CiBO you’ll be part of a collaborative team of developers, data scientists, agronomists, and remote sensing experts. You will help extend CiBO to planetary-scale simulation by automating and parallelizing every aspect of our complex processes in AWS. Our culture is built on cross-disciplinary collaboration, learning, and rapid prototyping. Our major platform is built in Scala and Go and deployed on AWS using Kubernetes. CiBO is a science-based company, so prepare to learn and invent with us! Software is a creative process and we welcome non-traditional and diverse candidates to apply.
- Strong knowledge of Amazon Web Services or similiar cloud platforms
- Experience with Linux as well as Docker, Kubernetes, or other related container technologies
- Solid foundation in computer science, including algorithms and data structures
- Demonstrated experience architecting, building, debugging, and monitoring applications and APIs, preferably in a microservices architecture
- Proficiency with one or more of following languages: Scala, Java, C++, Go, Ruby, Python, or Haskell
- Significant experience with professional software engineering, including automated testing/deployment, pair programming, Agile, DevOps and infrastructure-as-code
- Strong problem solving abilities and excellent collaboration skillsInterest in reducing repetitive work via automation
Bonus Qualifications (Not Required):
- Experience deploying and/or working with monitoring, log aggregation, service mesh, and tracing systems, especially those under the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (Prometheus, Fluentd, Istio, Envoy, Jaeger)
- Significant experience with multithreading or distributed systems
- Knowledge of CAP theorem and applying it to better understand the trade-offs of various database systems.
- Experience with or interest in Bayesian statistics, math, matrix algebra, classical statistics, image processing, computer vision, remote sensing, agriculture, or biology
- Experience with functional programming