Software Engineer - Infrastructure & Automation
Software Engineering – Applications
As an Infrastructure Software Engineer at CiBO you’ll be part of a collaborative team of developers, data scientists, agronomists, and remote sensing experts. You will help extend CiBO to planetary-scale simulation by automating and parallelizing every aspect of our complex processes in AWS. Our culture is built on cross-disciplinary collaboration, learning, and rapid prototyping. Our architecture has two parts, the core science platform primarily built in Scala and business layer platform in JDK, and deployed on AWS using kubernetes. CiBO is a science-based company, so prepare to learn and invent with us! Software is a creative process and we welcome non-traditional and diverse candidates to apply.
- Strong knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Linux as well as Docker, Kubernetes, or other related container technologies
- Experience with upgrading various parts of the infrastructure including versions of Kubernetes, RDS, JDK and third party functionalities such as databases, monitoring tools, etc.
- Experience with setting up authentication, cross AWS access, SSL certificates, etc
- Strong problem solving abilities and excellent collaboration skills
- Interest in reducing repetitive work via automation
- Demonstrated experience monitoring applications and APIs
Bonus Qualifications (Not Required):
- Experience deploying and/or working with monitoring, log aggregation, service mesh, and tracing systems, especially those under the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (Prometheus, Fluentd, Istio, Envoy, Jaeger)
- Significant experience with multithreading or distributed systems
- Microservices architecture
- Experience with supporting elastic search instance stack
- Solid foundation in computer science, including algorithms and data structures
- Demonstrated experience in architecting, building and debugging applications
Position may be located in Cambridge, MA, St. Louis, MO or Minneapolis, MN.