Senior Computer Vision Engineer
Science – Modeling
As a Senior Computer Vision Engineer at CiBO you’ll join a collaborative team of remote sensing experts, software developers, data scientists, and agronomists, working to derive actionable insights about agricultural productivity and sustainability. You will help enrich a pipeline of image-based inference to support our core platform as we create, improve and scale agricultural models and optimization. Our culture is built on cross-disciplinary collaboration, learning, and rapid prototyping. CiBO is a science-based company, so prepare to learn and invent with us!
- MS in relevant discipline (PhD preferred), or equivalent in experience
- Solid foundation in computer vision, image processing and analysis, and remote sensing principles
- Experience with multiple imaging modalities, such as RGBN, multi/hyperspectral, thermal, LiDAR, radar, etc.
- Experience developing algorithms and methods for object detection, classification, and characterization
- Experience in a compiled production-class OO or FP programming language such as Java, Scala, C++, C#, Haskell, ML, Erlang, Clojure, Rust, etc.
- Ability to think broadly and creatively about real world problems and technical and scientific solutions that produce value for customers
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Domain knowledge in agriculture, biological sciences, or another natural science
- Knowledge or experience of deep learning/machine learning methodologies
- Experience with cloud based (AWS/Azure/GCE) implementation of software
- Experience with Bayesian image analysis, Bayesian statistics, optimization methods
- Experience with sensor and image fusion, multi-scale and multi-temporal data processing, video processing, 3D scene reconstruction methods
- Experience with geospatial/GIS tools: ArcGIS/QGIS, ENVI, ERDAS Imagine or similar
- Experience in team software development practices and tools, e.g. agile development, GitHub, etc.
Position may be located in any of our three offices: Cambridge, MA, St. Louis, MO, or Minneapolis, MN.