Software Engineer - Infrastructure & Automation
Software Engineering – Engineering
As an Infrastructure Software Engineer at CiBO you’ll be part of a collaborative team of developers, data scientists, agronomists, and remote sensing experts. You will help extend CiBO to planetary-scale simulation by automating and parallelizing every aspect of our complex processes in AWS. Our culture is built on cross-disciplinary collaboration, learning, and rapid prototyping. Our architecture has two parts, the core science platform primarily built in Scala and business layer platform in Java — deployed on AWS using Kubernetes. CiBO is a science-based company, so prepare to learn and invent with us! Software is a creative process and we welcome non-traditional and diverse candidates to apply.
● Strong knowledge of Kubernetes
● Experience with Linux, Docker, and Amazon Web Services
● Experience with upgrading various parts of the infrastructure including versions of Kubernetes, RDS, JDK and third party functionalities such as databases, monitoring tools, etc.
● Demonstrated experience monitoring applications and APIs.
● Experience with setting up authentication, cross AWS access, SSL certificates, etc
● Strong problem solving abilities and excellent collaboration skills
● Interest in reducing repetitive work via automation
Bonus Qualifications (Not Required):
● Experience deploying and/or working with monitoring, log aggregation, service mesh, and tracing systems, especially those under the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (Prometheus, Fluentd, Istio, Envoy, Jaeger)
● Significant experience with multithreading or distributed systems
● Microservices architecture
● Experience with supporting elastic search instance stack
● Solid foundation in computer science, including algorithms and data structures
● Demonstrated experience in architecting, building and debugging applications
We have locations in:
St. Louis, MO
You can also send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org