Relationship Manager - St. Louis, MO
St. Louis, MO /
Relationship Management and Sales /
CIC St. Louis is looking for an ambitious, early career professional interested in being a part of our Sales and Relationship Management Team. This is a great opportunity for someone with at least three years of professional work experience and who is excited by an inspiring environment.
CIC is a global leader in building and operating innovation communities. Founded in 1999 in Cambridge, MA, CIC is one of the first companies to offer flexible office space and coworking options, providing a platform for the world’s most impactful entrepreneurs to innovate better and faster.
We have locations in Boston, Cambridge, Miami, Philadelphia, Providence, Rotterdam, St. Louis, Warsaw, and Tokyo and are growing into other cities, within the US and abroad. CIC has supported over 6,000 startups, growth companies, and branches of larger organizations, representing for-profit, mission-driven, and non-profit sectors across a wide array of industries.
CIC co-founded a number of mission-aligned organizations including Venture Café, CIC’s primary non-profit programming partner, and CIC Health, offering COVID-19 testing services to companies and the public.
We invite you to explore all our openings and learn more about our teams here.
ABOUT CIC ST. LOUIS
CIC St. Louis officially opened its doors in the fall of 2014 and manages over 160,000 sq. ft. across three sites, all located in the burgeoning Cortex district just south of the Central West End.
“The number one draw of CIC St. Louis is that we are essentially a startup and that’s very much how it feels. Our part-timers are often sitting in a room making decisions with the General Manager. Inversely, managers are also cleaning kitchens, loading the dishwasher, and covering concierge. The physical space, too, is really beautiful and really has an effect on people when they’re walking through. They see it and say, ‘This is not a normal office space. Something special is going on here.’” - Tim Young, Site Leader, CIC St. Louis
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WORK
As a Relationship Manager you will serve as a member of the CIC Sales Team and work with prospective clients to determine if CIC is the right place for them to start their business.
As part of the St. Louis Relationship Management team, you will:
• Provide general support to a team by helping to address daily inbound inquiries from prospective clients via email, phone, or in person inquiries., as well as scheduling tours with prospective clients and informational tour groups.
• Manage a client portfolio of approximately 40-50 companies. Provide oversight to assist clients in getting the most out of their experience at CIC. For example, as a client’s business evolves, so too does their need for office space, and you will be responsible for helping them find the right solution.
• Assist with the daily administrative tasks such as tracking details related to client contracts and monitoring and updating insurance requirements.
• Provide support to CIC’s operations teams when situations arise that do not require direct Relationship Manager decision making or advisement. Overall, you will be a resource for building relationships within the community and a partner for resolving complex situations with other staff members and clients alike.
• Serve as a member of the CIC Sales Team and work with prospective clients to determine if CIC is the right place for them to start their business.
• Lead tours for prospective clients and informational groups, such as students or visiting delegations.
• Provide administrative and sales support to expansion site teams, specifically in the site's first year.
We are very much a part of the innovation community we support, and our work continues to grow at local, national, and international levels. As a member of our Relationship Management & Sales Team, you have the luxury of selling a product and service that has a great reputation, and which almost sells itself.
We seek someone with a unique combination of skills and style to consistently represent CIC to prospective companies and support a portfolio of current clients at the highest levels of service. If you are articulate, ethical, think critically, and understand the nuances of effective communication, this might be the perfect fit.
As our ideal candidate you are:
• Committed to work you consider mission based. You see your work as an opportunity to make a powerful contribution to a larger effort.
• Able to own and manage your multiple tasks and get the details right, all within a dynamic environment. You are able to pivot between multiple priorities, and can rise to the challenge meeting changing expectations.
• Capable of fostering and maintaining positive working relationships with clients, colleagues, building management, and vendors. You are a true team player.
• Comfortable working with everyone, you treat everyone as an equal.
• Demonstrably successful in the work you have performed so far, and you have learned difficult lessons that only challenging times or failure can teach.
• An independent worker, and you communicate effectively with team members and clients alike, and can ask for help when faced with uncertain situations.
• Personable, happy to help others, and naturally drawn to a very busy, ever-evolving environment.
• Conversationally fluent in foreign languages (strong plus!).
• A minimum of a bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience.
• At least 3 years of professional experience, ideally in client-facing roles.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• A natural interest in helping/supporting others.
If you don't meet all the requirements or qualifications but bring some other unique skills and experience that would be valuable in this role, please apply and highlight those attributes for us in your cover letter.
• Starting compensation is $49,546.
• 100% company paid premium healthcare and dental benefits.
• 100% company paid long and short-term disability, and life insurance.
• 401k (must be 21+).
• Two weeks of vacation (more with seniority) plus thirteen holidays from the start.
ATTRACTIONS OF THE JOB
In addition to helping our clients achieve great things, we work to ensure that our employees are healthy and supported.
Some of the benefits of being here include:
• Fun people in a dynamic environment. We pride ourselves on finding driven and bright collaborators who are eager to lend their own unique skills to the team, as well as to our inspiring clientele. The number one reason CICers say they like working here is because of their colleagues!
• Personal growth. This is a great opportunity to learn and develop skills within the epicenter of the innovation community at a growing company.
• Discounted services and memberships on tools to make your life happier/healthier such as gym memberships, tech and design support, hotel stays, and other fantastic options.
• Free weekly COVID-19 testing when required to work on site.
CIC is committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the cities we support. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Any other human expressions and experiences not mentioned here are equally welcome. If you require an accommodation please let us know. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.