Community Associate - Boston, MA or Cambridge, MA
Are you passionate about helping people? Are you inspired by meeting new people who are doing interesting things? Do you have hands-on experience building furniture or troubleshooting technical devices or are you excited to learn how? If so, read on!
CIC is looking for a full-time, entry-level Associate to join our team. This is a great opportunity for someone with at least one year of professional work experience who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
Founded in 1999, CIC’s mission is to improve the world by helping exceptional entrepreneurs innovate better and faster. We offer carefully curated working environments that combine private, secure offices alongside shared amenities in locations across Boston, Cambridge, Miami, Philadelphia, Rotterdam, St. Louis, and Warsaw and are growing into other cities, within the US and abroad. We currently serve 1800+ startups, growth companies, and branches of larger organizations, representing for-profit, mission-driven, and non-profit sectors across a wide array of industries. The spaces are purposefully designed and built for innovation, featuring tailored workspaces such as biotech and robotics laboratories, and bring together frequent, large gatherings of the best and brightest innovators and entrepreneurs.
CIC currently has over a million square feet of space under lease and is is actively pursuing campuses in five additional cities globally, including Dublin, Tokyo, Bilbao, Providence, and Sydney, with plans to grow to 50 cities over the next 10 years. We pride ourselves on displaying a high degree of care and accuracy in everything that we do, and we work to ensure that our clients thrive every day that they are in our space. We believe that our ability to support world-changing entrepreneurs is only as good as the people who make up our teams, and as such we are looking for people who are interested in contributing to--and improving--the way we work.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Overall, we like to employ service-minded people who are reliable, clever, and able to work independently. It’s not expected that you’ll know everything that we do on day one. What’s important is that you are a bright person, interested in what we’re doing, and willing to learn.
We are a team-based company, and you will be evaluated on your performance by the other members of the team.
More specifically, we are looking for someone who possesses the following characteristics:
• Self-motivated with the desire to learn all aspects of our business from the ground up
• Personable and naturally enjoys helping others
• Detail oriented and organized with solid time management skills
• Takes ownership over tasks and follow them through to completion
• Is a true team player with the capacity to foster and maintain positive working relationships with clients, colleagues, building management, and vendors
• Works comfortably with everyone, treating everyone as an equal
• Brings a fresh perspective and new ideas to everything
• Able to communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
GENERAL OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This person will join one of our Community Teams (each currently comprised of several full-time and part-time employees) to satisfy the day-to-day needs of our clients. Some work will be independent while other work will require collaboration with other members of the CIC staff. Potential responsibilities will include:
• Developing relationships with CIC clients, making sure they are happy and have what they need.
• Creatively finding ways to meet a broad range of client requests, including directly performing associated tasks to complete a request. For example, a client may ask, "Can I get some extra furniture and some help rearranging my office," "Do you know someone at CIC who is a CPA”, "Can I host a 50-person event in CIC,” or "How do I set up a video conference to Japan”.
• Responding to requests efficiently and personally. You will be able to answer just about any request that comes your way, and you will be given the tools and knowledge to fulfill whatever they need.
• Ensuring that regular systems maintained by CIC's part-time employees are operating smoothly and assisting when necessary. For example, did the kitchen stockers replenish the herbal tea supply? Or are the conference rooms well maintained?
• Assisting in onboarding new clients, including adding new client employees to our computer systems, getting them keys to their new office, etc.
• Assisting more senior team members with special projects. For example, researching new sound-isolating materials to help offices have better sound absorption or developing a new set of navigational signs for the center to make it easier for guests to find their way around.
• Assisting clients who are moving between offices or need help preparing a conference room for a special event.
ATTRACTIONS OF THE JOB
In addition to helping our clients achieve great things, we work to ensure that our employees are healthy and supported. Some of the benefits of being here include:
• Fun people in a dynamic space. We pride ourselves on finding driven and bright collaborators who are eager to lend their own unique skills to the team, as well as to our inspiring clientele. The number one reason CICers say they like working here is because of their colleagues!
• Personal growth. This is a great opportunity to learn and develop skills within the epicenter of the innovation community at a growing company
• Regular massages, access to a nursing room, secure bicycle parking, a game room, a gym, shower rooms with towels, and great health benefits!
• Central location. CIC Boston is centrally located in downtown Boston and is within walking distance to the Blue, Green, Orange, and Red line. CIC Cambridge is a stone’s throw from the Kendall Square MBTA Red Line stop.
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree.
• At least one year of professional experience.
• A natural interest for helping/supporting others.
• An interest in a long-term role. We are a growing company, and we like to hire people who can grow with us over the years.
• Proficiency in foreign languages a plus.
Starting compensation is $42,731 per year plus 100% of the cost of a premium healthcare and dental package, long and short-term disability, life insurance, and two weeks vacation from the start (more with seniority). Annual reviews with raises significantly above the national average every year for those on track with strong performance.
CIC is committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the cities we support. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know.