Executive Aide to the CFO - Boston, MA or Cambridge, MA
CIC is looking for a proactive, highly organized administrative professional with ambition, creativity, and dependability to be the Executive Aide (EA) for its CFO, Dawn Neher. This position works collaboratively to support the CFO, as well as coordinate with and mutually support the other Executive support staff at CIC. This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, community oriented work environment.
Founded in 1999, CIC’s mission is to improve the world by helping exceptional entrepreneurs innovate better and faster. We offer carefully curated working environments that combine private, secure offices alongside shared amenities in locations across Boston, Cambridge, Miami, Philadelphia, Providence, Rotterdam, St. Louis, Warsaw, and Tokyo and are growing into other cities, within the US and abroad. We currently serve 2000+ startups, growth companies, and branches of larger organizations, representing for-profit, mission-driven, and non-profit sectors across a wide array of industries. The spaces are purposefully designed and built for innovation, featuring tailored workspaces such as biotech and robotics laboratories, and bring together frequent, large gatherings of the best and brightest innovators and entrepreneurs.
CIC currently has over a million square feet of space under lease and is actively pursuing campuses in additional cities globally, including Dublin, Bilbao, and Sydney, with plans to grow to 50 cities over the next 10 years. We pride ourselves on displaying a high degree of care and accuracy in everything that we do, and we work to ensure that our clients thrive every day that they are in our space. We believe that our ability to support world-changing entrepreneurs is only as good as the people who make up our teams, and as such we are looking for people who are interested in contributing to--and improving--the way we work.
We invite you to explore all our openings and learn more about our teams here.
ABOUT DAWN NEHER
Dawn Neher is the CFO of CIC, overseeing the financial and global growth strategy initiatives of the company. She has a track record of financial and operational success in the commercial real estate business. She has spent over 30 years raising capital, setting strategy, and managing and directing investment decisions and company financials. Prior to working at CIC, Dawn enjoyed a long tenure as the CFO of a premier real estate development and management company. Dawn loves travel, good food and wine, and really enjoys spending time with family and friends.
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WORK
• Master of calendar Tetris. This role involves heavy calendar management, maintaining an organized calendar while determining priorities, working with the schedules of other team members, juggling professional commitments, and adapting to last-minute changes. In addition to scheduling conference calls and meetings, making sure she is prepared for all of them with any auxiliary materials, presentations or research.
• Travel management. Book and coordinate Dawn's work travel and itinerary
• Expense management. Reconcile expenses and create expense reports (both monthly expenses and travel expense reports) through Tallie Expense software.
• Inbox management. Fully monitoring and managing Dawn's inbox, sorting priority communication and graciously communicating on her behalf at times.
• Keeping a tidy Rolodex. Maintain business and admin accounts, bibliographic information and professional contacts in a clear, organized system (including biography, LinkedIn accounts, all business cards).
• Serving as support for other CIC teams. Adapt to organizational needs, jumping in to support other team members as needed.
This dynamic role requires excellent planning, top notch organizational skills, and problem solving savvy. We expect the person who joins us in this role will confidently and independently serve as Dawn's gatekeeper in the midst of competing priorities, anticipate issues before they occur, solve problems creatively, and know when to ask for help.
Some qualities we look for in a candidate:
• Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to “see around corners,” anticipating the team’s needs and heading off potential problems.
• Nuanced ability to tailor communication style, including effectively balancing strong professional communication with authentic and casual communication, and an understanding of what’s appropriate in any given context.
• Highly attentive listening and reading skills. Ability to absorb a high volume of information in a short amount of time, complete requests with limited information, and learn and adapt to Dawn's preferences.
• Excellent administrative skills and the ability to keep track of various presentations, data, information and research.
• Eager and able to dive into the pace of Dawn's busiest days with minimal oversight or direction while also balancing day-to-day administrative needs.
• Unrelenting calm during chaos.
• Curious, eager to learn, and interested in remaining current on your surroundings to add context and deeper value to your work. This position carries a significant level of independent responsibility but will have the support of the Executive Aide and Administrative Assistant Team.
• Personable, happy-to-help others, and naturally drawn to a very busy, ever-evolving environment.
• Both a “doer” and a “thinker”; someone who rolls up their sleeves and jumps right in no matter what but always in a thoughtful manner.
• The unruffled temperament and dedication of Pepper Potts, the cleverness of Q, the problem solving abilities of Carson, the insight and seeming omniscience of Mrs. Landingham, an accuracy on par with J.A.R.V.I.S., and 30 Rock Assistant Jonathan’s desire to go the extra mile, all combined with the passion and ambition of Andy Sachs.
• At least two years of administrative experience.
• A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience. Language skills a plus.
• The ability to be in the office during business hours and the ability to work roughly 1-2 hours a week outside of regular hours, including mornings, nights, weekends, or when handling time-sensitive situations.
• A demonstrated success leveraging and supporting others in the achievement of their goals.
• Willingness to help and support others, think creatively about how to maximize time, and juggle many details and activities.
• Master of Google Apps for Business (Gmail, Calendar, Drive) and of Microsoft office (Powerpoint, Excel, etc).
• A detail-oriented work style, capable of being the first point of contact for multiple conversations, skilled at prioritizing a wide range of tasks.
• An interest in a long-term role. We are a growing company, and we like to hire people who will stay with us for the long term.
• The flexibility to work in Boston, MA or Cambridge, MA.
• Starting compensation is $64,499 plus 100% of the cost of a premium healthcare and dental package and full payment of expenses covered by your deductible.
• Long and short-term disability
• Life insurance
• 401k matching after the first year of employment (must be 21+)
• Two weeks of vacation plus holidays from the start (more with seniority).
• Annual reviews with raises significantly above the national average every year for those on track with strong performance.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
In addition to helping our clients achieve great things, we work to ensure that our employees are healthy and supported. Some of the benefits of being here include:
• Fun people in a dynamic space. We pride ourselves on finding driven and bright collaborators who are eager to lend their own unique skills to the team, as well as to our inspiring clientele. The number one reason CICers say they like working here is because of their colleagues!
• Personal growth. This is a great opportunity to learn and develop skills within the epicenter of the innovation community at a growing company
• Regular massages, access to a nursing room, secure bicycle parking, a game room, a gym, and shower rooms with towels
• Central location. CIC Boston is centrally located in downtown Boston and is within walking distance to the Blue, Green, Orange, and Red lines.
CIC is committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the cities we support. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Any other human expressions and experiences not mentioned here are equally welcome. If you require an accommodation please let us know. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.