Part-time Team Member - Operations - Philadelphia, PA
Do you love order and well-organized things? Do you like working on your feet and meeting new people every day? If so, read on…
CIC is looking for a thorough individual to assist in the day-to-day operations of our commercial office space. Starting wage for this position is $16/hr for approximately 25-29 hours/week, and applicants must be available to work during business hours Monday-Friday starting at 7:30am and going until approximately 1:00pm.
Founded in 1999, CIC’s mission is to improve the world by helping exceptional entrepreneurs innovate better and faster. We offer carefully curated working environments that combine private, secure offices alongside shared amenities in locations across Boston, Cambridge, Miami, Philadelphia, Rotterdam, St. Louis, and Warsaw and are growing into other cities, within the US and abroad. We currently serve 1800+ startups, growth companies, and branches of larger organizations, representing for-profit, mission-driven, and non-profit sectors across a wide array of industries. The spaces are purposefully designed and built for innovation, featuring tailored workspaces such as biotech and robotics laboratories, and bring together frequent, large gatherings of the best and brightest innovators and entrepreneurs.
CIC currently has over a million square feet of space under lease and is is actively pursuing campuses in five additional cities globally, including Dublin, Tokyo, Bilbao, Providence, and Sydney, with plans to grow to 50 cities over the next 10 years. We pride ourselves on displaying a high degree of care and accuracy in everything that we do, and we work to ensure that our clients thrive every day that they are in our space. We believe that our ability to support world-changing entrepreneurs is only as good as the people who make up our teams, and as such we are looking for people who are interested in contributing to--and improving--the way we work.
ABOUT CIC Philadelphia
CIC Philadelphia plans to open in the fall of 2018 and will be located within uCity Square at 3675 Market Street, alongside our local partner, the University City Science Center, as well as our Cambridge based partner, BioLabs. At 3675 Market, CIC and BioLabs will offer its world-class office and lab facilities, while the Science Center will to offer its nationally recognized technology commercialization programs such as QED, P1V and the DHA, as well as new programs focused on mentoring, funding, strategy development and resources to accelerate businesses from idea to IPO and beyond. The partnership between CIC, the Science Center, and BioLabs will strengthen our collective ability to serve Philadelphia’s startups and serial entrepreneurs. Together, they aim to catalyze and accelerate innovation and entrepreneurship in Greater Philadelphia.
This will be one of the first hires in a new site, and while the focus is on the responsibilities listed below, everyone will be expected to collaborate and help each other by taking on any task big or small and having a "can do" attitude. This person will join our Community Team which will be comprised of several full-time and part-time employees to satisfy the day-to-day needs of our clients. Some work will be independent while at other times it will require collaboration with other members of the CIC staff.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Upkeep of conference rooms, phone booths, copy centers, and other shared areas.
• Daily restocking of assorted snacks and beverages, and maintaining kitchen space to look neat and presentable to clients and guests.
• Assembling and moving furniture between offices, and basic cleaning of vacant spaces like vacuuming or dusting.
• Maintaining and organizing storage inventories such as copy paper, kitchen snacks, and other daily supplies.
• Processing incoming mail and packages for clients – receive, organize, and contact clients.
• Changing toner and troubleshooting printers/copiers.
• Hanging wall shelves and whiteboards.
• Assisting with setup of event spaces.
• Building strong professional relationships with clients in the community.
• Ordering and receiving food deliveries.
• As needed and schedule permitting, assisting the team with other office tasks.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate these traits:
• Someone who naturally enjoys helping others (clients and colleagues alike) and highly values teamwork.
• Takes ownership over tasks and follows them through to completion, usually on their feet and on the move.
• Someone who is detail-oriented and organized with solid time management skills. Independent, reliable, and willing to learn.
• Brings a fresh perspective and new ideas to everything.
• We look for people who write and speak well, but we also look for individuals who understand the nuances of effective communication.
• Ability to work weekdays between the hours of 7:30am and 1:00pm.
• Extra points (not required) for having skills in and being excited about tech support (e.g. setting up printer drivers, VoIP phones, troubleshooting things like conference room projectors), using basic power tools like a drill, or other skills that may translate well to the work. Let us know about them!
ATTRACTIONS OF THE JOB
In addition to helping our clients achieve great things, we work to ensure that our employees are healthy and supported. Some of the benefits of being here include:
• Fun people in a dynamic space. We pride ourselves on finding driven and bright collaborators who are eager to lend their own unique skills to the team, as well as to our inspiring clientele. The number one reason CICers say they like working here is because of their colleagues!
• Personal growth. This is a great opportunity to learn and develop skills within the epicenter of the innovation community at a growing company while contributing to a new site by helping hone existing practices and processes and creating new ones.
• Did we mention a great environment? Expertly designed workspace that inspires innovation and community in a great neighborhood in Philly.
Starting compensation is $16/hour plus 401k matching after the first year of employment (must be 21+). Annual reviews with raises every year for those on track with strong performance.
CIC is committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the cities we support. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know.