Impact Hub Operations Associate - Boston, MA
Does creating clean data sets and improving systems bring you joy? Are you passionate about engaging in and supporting a diverse, thriving community for social and environmental innovators, entrepreneurs, funders, and activists? Join us to support our Boston community in driving tangible solutions to the world’s most pressing issues.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Impact Hub Boston seeks an Operations Associate with detail orientation, process-driven work experience, and an appetite for improving systems to build on our team’s strong foundation. Please DO apply for this job if you have many of the qualifications for this job but not all of them. Let us help you discover whether this job is for you!
ABOUT IMPACT HUB BOSTON
Impact Hub Boston is a community and place that pursues a more just and sustainable world where business and profit are used in service of people and planet. We inspire, connect, and enable people and organizations to fuel entrepreneurial action for a better world.
Impact Hub Boston is part of a global network of over 100 Impact Hubs across the globe, representing more than 50 countries and 16,000+ members. Impact Hub Boston is currently housed within the Boston campus of CIC (a sister organization to Impact Hub Boston) with coworking space, private offices, and event spaces in the heart of downtown Boston.
GENERAL OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
As the Operations Associate you will report to the Director of Impact Hub Boston and work closely with our small team, as well as manage some hosts and share responsible for growing and strategically supporting our diverse community of members. Your responsibilities will include:
• Supporting a vibrant member community by developing relationships with our members, making sure they are productive, feel included, and have what they need to succeed in our community.
• Assisting in onboarding new members, including adding new client employees to our computer systems, making their key cards, etc., and processing membership changes.
• Managing operations strategically to increase the number of connections, the level of mutual support, spirit of reciprocity, and the amount of collaboration among members.
• Finding creative ways to meet a broad range of member requests with efficient and personable responses, including problem-solving on the spot to complete a request.
• Being responsible for smooth operational relationships with our partners, including building management and CIC staff.
• Working with a skilled, collaborative team of motivated individuals to accomplish group objectives, and work with other Impact Hubs on cross-Hub initiatives.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following traits through a minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience:
• Demonstrated passion for topics such as social innovation, entrepreneurship, social justice, and sustainability
• Known for your attention to detail, follow-through, and strong time management
• Data driven: you’ve shown your ability to measure the right outcomes and understand the data for good decision-making.
• Experience working with or supporting diverse communities or organizations at a grassroots level; cultural competence in working with people from diverse global cultures
• Knowledgeable and passionate about Boston's diverse communities and neighborhoods (or, potentially another urban area), and the local challenges and systemic issues facing those communities.
• Prepared to commitment for a minimum of a two-year work period.
Although skills and professional experience are critical components of success in this job, values alignment and a shared purpose are equally important. You bring:
• An unwavering commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion; has a strong affinity with and dedication to our mission and values; and wants to build business as a force for good;
• Self-awareness about how their behavior affects others, locally and globally;
• Curiosity: taking initiative, and eagerly, continually learning and developing;
• Knowledge about major global challenges (for example, climate change, social equity, food systems, etc.), and curious about practical solutions;
• The ability to prioritize and achieve many goals and tasks on a daily basis;
• Positivity, composure, and dependability under stress;
• Comfort with suggesting new processes and problem-solving;Fun-loving nature, with a great sense of humor;
• Empathy, sensitivity, and attention to the needs of others.
COMPENSATION AND TIME EXPECTATIONS
Starting compensation is $43,158 plus 100% of the cost of a premium healthcare and dental package, long and short-term disability, life insurance, 401k with partial match up to 5%, and two weeks vacation from the start (more with seniority). Annual reviews with raises every year for those on track with strong performance.
This is a full-time salaried position with hours generally aligning with normal business hours; however, some evening and weekend work will be required a few times per month.
ATTRACTIONS OF WORKING AT IMPACT HUB BOSTON
• What does our staff love most about working here? Their colleagues!
• The opportunity to work on behalf of, and learn and develop skills within the epicenter of the social entrepreneurship community in Boston.
• The 300+ members at Impact Hub Boston are sharp, diverse, and motivated to create a better future for Boston, the US, and the world, and take part in a wide range of industries in a dynamic environment of constant learning.
• Highly varied, entrepreneurial work that requires inspired vision: each day brings opportunities to bring creative solutions for a better business and positive impact.
• Impact Hub Boston is centrally located to the Blue, Green, Orange, Red, and Silver MBTA lines, as well as major highways and both train stations.
• Fantastic additional benefits such as unlimited access to a well-stocked kitchen (ask us about our tea wall), monthly massage at no cost, an onsite wellness program, flexible working space, and a host of discounts towards local business and well-being memberships.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Impact Hub Boston is committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the cities we support. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on workforce diversity. We strongly encourage applications from current residents of greater Boston, women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, individuals with disabilities, and veterans. Impact Hub policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know.