Sr. FullStack Developer (remote)
Performa – Engineering /
Performa is a technology startup with the goal of creating a de-escalation training platform in order to make more effective decisions for police officers. Their mobile platform better helps officers train in de-escalation techniques in order to reduce incidents of use of force, a mission more important than ever.
As a startup partner to Cie, we are looking for a Sr. FullStack Developer to play a pivotal role in the architecture and programming of an interactive application and backend system. We’re looking for someone who is a creative problem solver, can think out-of-the-box and thrive in a fast-moving, startup environment.
This is a hands-on role and will require technical architecture efforts. If you are a self-motivated individual with an exceptional level of attention-to-detail…then APPLY HERE!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- End-to-end ownership of backend architecture for brand new application system
- Review high-level product requirements for technical feasibility
- Distill high-level product requirements into technical recommendations (stacks, infrastructure, services)
- Assist in proposal construction through accurate time estimates & technical recommendations
- Identify areas of code reusability across projects and across disciplines to develop, maintain and grow a repository of reusable source code in order to increase development velocity
- Create, maintain and update processes to allow bootstrapping of new technical projects as quickly as possible
- Assist in building out both the development architecture and underlying infrastructure
- Load and performance test applications and identify areas for optimization across the entire technology stack
- Enforce development standards and best practices for the engineering team
- Collaborate with frontend, backend and mobile developers internally and client-side in regard to APIs and integrations with their underlying systems
- Collaborate with the various department leads (frontend, backend, mobile, QA) on setting up and maintaining auxiliary platforms to assist with development and deployment (continuous integration, automated deploys, etc.)
- Constantly research changes in the industry as they pertain to software best practices, new technologies and frameworks and everything in between
- Participate and provide feedback in brainstorming sessions and scoping meetings
- Work alongside various leads to provide guidance on immediate and long-term strategy towards application development
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- experience developing applications on the .NET framework using C# and other server-side technologies
- experience developing web applications using ASP.NET Core MVC and other web server based frameworks
- experience with PostgreSQL creating efficient and effective data models in high transaction environments and writing complex queries
- experience developing web services using WebAPI
- experience modeling APIs using RAML or OpenAPI
- experience with automated builds and deployments (TeamCity, Octopus Deploy or similar technologies)
- experience utilizing PaaS and IaaS services on AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud Platform
- extensive experience with Git is required
- extensive experience with unit and integration testing is required
- extensive experience with load and performance testing is required
- extensive experience with development across all application layers (data, business logic, user interface development)
- comfortable working in an agile-based team environment with a start-up culture
- proven communication skills and the ability to work with a variety of personality types
- the drive and ability to learn new technologies and adapt to new projects
- must be able to clearly communicate technical challenges to business units
- excellent teamwork skills with an ability to get the work done with minimal supervision
WHAT WE OFFER:
- This is a remote opportunity.
- Our compensation packages consist of salary and a full suite of benefits to support our growing team.
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and performance.
- Health/Benefits: Medical, Dental, & Vision.
- Unlimited PTO: We believe in work/life balance to reward our rock stars for delivering great results.
- The Right Gear: All the bells and whistles you need to drive results.
- Ownership: You’ll be a crucial member of the initial build-out team, offering unlimited opportunity for growth and professional development.
Work location is flexible if approved by the Company except that position may not be performed remotely from Colorado