Administrative Assistant (Atlanta)
Development – Development
The Development team manages the development process from the inception of transaction through the construction and delivery of each project. Development team members specialize in land use, design and construction management and employ these skills across a wide range of asset types in all the diverse geographies in which CIM operates.
- To provide administrative support to the Development team in Atlanta.
- Manage calendars including but not limited to; scheduling meetings, conference calls, accepting and/or declining and/or rescheduling meetings for various staff members and sending out meeting requests on their behalf.
- Making and/or coordinating travel arrangements including but not limited to; booking flights, hotels, ground transportation and updating itineraries for both domestic and international travel as required.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail to construction staff member(s); forward misdirected mail to the appropriate party.
- Coordinate outgoing mail including but not limited to addressing, metering, and certified or registered mail, overnight delivery and intra-company.
- Maintain and update contracts to Outlook.
- Prepare and process expense reports for construction staff member(s).
- Prepare and Coordinate hotel & construction contracts, purchase orders, change orders and work orders including but not limited to creating agreements as needed, coordination of insurance and approvals, signature coordination, filling out approval forms and obtaining Lead approval and distribution.
- Ensure compliance with CIM standards for bids, contracts, and accounting.
- Request new Cap-Ex/TI job set-up through Development/Construction Accounting and coordinate approvals
- Processing of invoices related to construction projects including but not limited to; setting up vendors, ensuring the appropriate insurance coverage is obtained and submitted, tracking payments in system to ensure timely payments, verifying invoice amount is within budget and in compliance with contract or agreement and utilizing appropriate related contract, job and cost codes
- Submit documentation request for approval to reimburse TA.
- Process construction deposits, including verification of paperwork and deductions.
- Receive and date stamp tenant and/or construction plans for review. Verify plan review letters, make necessary corrections and send out with plan copy to all involved; designer, architect, contractor & tenant in a timely manner.
- Order various plan copies or files from ARC graphics
- Verify landlord work for IBAs for approval and submit to Accounting for payment.
- Set up and maintenance of departmental, management and/or construction files according to established criteria related to; contracts, documents, correspondence, agreements, reports, etc.
- Coordinate RFI inquiries and responses for hotel construction projects including but not limited to distribution of RFI and log maintenance
- Maintain punch list for construction projects including coordination and distribution of lists.
- Distribute any other communication to project team (Bulletins, Addendums, etc.)
- Track change orders and supplemental bonds
- Create and distribute new bulletins to contractors
- Track insurance expirations
- Responsible for the creation of Excel spreadsheets/Word documents as required by job duties
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: (including certification, licenses, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working in an administrative support position in construction and/or commercial real estate industry.
- Expert knowledge and demonstrated proficiency with PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Word and Adobe.
- Experience with Nexus or similar A/P software
- Experience with Knowledge Tree or other document storage software.
- Full understanding of the CIM policies and procedures, especially as they relate to tenant improvement, capital projects and administration tasks, and the functional specialization associated with incumbent’s assigned responsibilities (e.g. Property Operations, Leasing, Development, Construction, etc.)
CIM does not accept unsolicited resumes from Agencies. Any unsolicited resumes received from Agencies will be considered property of CIM and no fees will be due or paid. If you wish to become an approved Agency with CIM or any of its Affiliates, please contact a member of the CIM Talent Acquisition Team.