Construction Superintendent (Tenant Improvements)
Los Angeles, CA
Development – Development /
The Construction Superintendent’s responsibility is to supervise the field construction of a project and to complete the Work on schedule, within the budget, and to the quality of workmanship specified.
- To provide leadership and to establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships of on-site and to promote a positive project morale
- To have a thorough and complete knowledge and understanding of the General Contract, each Subcontract, the contract drawings, specifications and addenda, and to assist the Project Manager in the development of the on-site procedures
- To examine the contract drawings, specifications and addenda for design deficiencies, impractical details and possible code violations, and to bring these to the attention of the Project Manager who will review them with the Architect
- To assist the Project Manager and the Scheduling Manager in the development and refinement of the Project Schedule, and to work with the Project Manager to keep the schedules properly updated, and to see that the job meets the various required dates
- To plan and review the Construction Program with the Project Manager including quality control procedures, safety and security practices, field office location and layout, temporary utilities, staging areas, equipment and manpower
- To coordinate, direct, monitor, inspect the activities of the Subcontractors and Suppliers
- To verify that each Subcontractor has completed his contractual requirements as condition precedent to beginning his work at the job-site (This includes a Certificate of Insurance, a fully executed Subcontract, a Schedule of Values and a Safety Program)
- To see that all required permits or licenses have been obtained, and that a weatherproof bulletin board is installed on which all required safety notices are posted
- To cooperate with, and direct when necessary, the activities of the inspection agencies, and to effect remedial actions indicated by the reports of these agencies
- To chair weekly coordination meetings and monthly safety meetings with the subcontractors and to issue typewritten minutes to the Project Manager as a result thereof
- To receive and review the Subcontractors Daily Reports of work done and labor and material employed.
- To review and approve, on a weekly basis, all as-built prints
- To review and approve the Subcontractor’s monthly requests for payment
- To participate, as required, in the timely preparation of monthly requisitions
- To review and approve all time and material work vouchers and invoices
- To maintain good relations and communications with all involved in the project including the public
- Supervise vendors, independent contractors and subcontractors adhering to all government laws and CIM Policies
- Supervise all CIM support personnel to ensure timely and accurate performance of job responsibilities associated with project(s)
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS (including certifications, licenses, etc):
- Minimum of 5 years’ office/and or field experience in construction focused on Tenant improvement projects.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence and/or reports
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex construction documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to understand project scheduling concepts, including task scheduling, milestones, acceleration, dependent and concurrent relationships, and critical path analysis.
- Ability to understand, seek, and present alternative solutions to design, construction, and procurement assignments.
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Company-subsidized Health Savings Account
- Company-paid life & disability
- Pre-tax savings accounts
- 401(k) match
- Competitive vacation policy
- Additional voluntary benefits
- Paid time off for community service
- Paid Parental Leave: Up to 12 weeks
What CIM offers
CIM offers an enriched benefits program as well as a wide range of resources for eligible employees to thrive both inside and outside of work. Some of our benefits include:
Actual base salary considers several factors, including but not limited to geography, job-related knowledge, experience, and budget. The start of the salary range is typically associated with the minimum experience required. At CIM, base pay is one part of the total compensation package. This role is eligible for bonus pay in addition to base salary. The anticipated base salary range for the position in Los Angeles, CA, is $100,000 - $135,000.
HOW WE FEEL ABOUT DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION:
CIM Group is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on CIM Group. Please inform our Talent team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
CIM does not accept unsolicited resumes from Agencies. Any unsolicited resumes received from Agencies will be considered property of CIM and no fees will be due or paid. If you wish to become an approved Agency with CIM or any of its Affiliates, please contact a member of the CIM Talent Acquisition Team.