Development Associate (Atlanta)
Development – Development
The Development Associate will assist Senior Development Staff with day-to-day management duties from acquisition through pre-development, pre-construction, construction, closeout and pre-operation phases of the project(s) assigned.
- Assist in the day-to-day management of development projects including the oversight of project contractors and consultants.
- Working with the Investment Deal Team(s) to provide due diligence information and feasibility analysis of potential acquisitions.
- Assist in negotiating and drafting contract terms and scope with design consultants and contractors.
- Responsible for maintaining project timeline, ensuring milestones are met on time and within budget.
- Provide reports related to project status to Senior Development Staff, Investments Deal Team and other stakeholders.
- Prepare and track development budget related to assigned projects.
- Assist Senior Development Staff in securing the appropriate approvals, certifications, permits, etc. from city and other government agencies as required.
- Responsible for maintaining and executing project contracts in accordance with department and corporate requirements.
- Manage project documents including discretionary and non-discretionary approvals, agency releases/declarations/determinations, easements, covenants, tract maps, construction documents, A/E design and engineering plans and specifications, contracts/change orders, closeout documentation.
- Responsible for sharing and uploading documents and communication on GC’s web based project management site.
- Tracking and reporting project status to investors, lenders, joint ventures, quasi-public partnerships and the like
- Assist with monthly construction progress reporting including but not limited to schedules, applications for payment, etc.
- Interactions with Accounting representatives on project related expenses, costs, etc.
- Oversight of design consultants and on-schedule creation of design documents
- Oversight of construction work activities related to projects
- Oversight of contractors, subcontractors and vendors related to day-to-day activities, invoices, hiring and contract negotiations.
- Oversee work activities of Analysts assigned to project.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: (including certification, licenses, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate Development, Design/Architecture, Construction or related major. Advanced Degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years' experience in real estate development and/or construction with demonstrated knowledge of real estate development and construction process including a focus in project management.
CIM does not accept unsolicited resumes from Agencies. Any unsolicited resumes received from Agencies will be considered property of CIM and no fees will be due or paid. If you wish to become an approved Agency with CIM or any of its Affiliates, please contact a member of the CIM Talent Acquisition Team.