Software Engineering /
Full Time /
At Circadia Health, our mission is to save lives through early detection of symptoms, and we believe our unique technology can significantly improve the well-being of the most vulnerable members of our society. We are expanding rapidly and are looking for like-minded people to join us on our journey. You will be working with a team of highly skilled professionals developing robust solutions for our business needs. Diving in head first with a can-do attitude and working independently to make sure that the user experience is smooth. You will be collaborating remotely with our product and engineering teams and provide your technical expertise to improve our existing products and work on new features.
- Ensure the architecture and core backend systems operate at maximum reliability and efficiency, and ensure services are continuously available to our customers
- Develop and maintain APIs that reliably fetch billions of data points related to patients’ statuses, medical histories, and respiratory rates, as well as data relating to installed Circadia devices.
- Work with PointClickCare, one of the biggest cloud-based electronic healthcare management software providers helping long-term and post-acute care (LTPAC) providers, to ensure Circadia’s systems are continuously receiving accurate and up-to-date patient information
- Manage and optimize databases that span over 5 terabytes of data to create functional table structures, indexes and optimized queries
- Collaborate closely with Product and Operations teams in the US and the UK to understand customer needs to appropriately frame system requirements
- Assist with drafting and publishing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts etc. to allow product and project management to estimate timelines and manage resources within the team
- Making sure software is developed and maintained according to different compliance standards, such as HIPAA, ISO, FIPS, etc.
- Collaborate closely with London-based R&D (Data Science and Machine Learning) teams to ensure ongoing access to the required data to effectively develop and improve Circadia’s respiratory and heart rate algorithms
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to develop compelling products and robust backend systems for web and mobile solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field with proof of qualifications
- 5 years+ experience in developing web tools and applications.
- 5 years+ proven software engineering experience, including design architecture
- Strong coding ability, able to work in large code-bases with fluency with experience in large-scale deployments
- Solid grasp of computer science, algorithms and data structures
- In-depth knowledge of Python, FastAPI and REST Framework
- Experience with low-level programming languages such as C++
- Experience with SQL based databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL; NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB and Redis; and time-series databases such as TimescaleDB
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum SDLC
- Experience working in source code version control software such as Git, Github etc
- Hands-on experience with the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud ecosystem of products
- Familiarity with Docker containers and Kubernetes for container orchestration
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development (TDD) and writing automated unit, integration, and end to end tests
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English communication within a team environment, and across three geographic locations (Pakistan, UK, USA)