Backend Engineering Manager
Anywhere from UTC-8 to UTC+1
CircleCI is looking for a technology leader who brings exceptional management and technical skills to our growing team of back end developers. The back end team is currently building out our microservices infrastructure, and we are looking for a leader well versed in distributed systems and functional programming to guide the team as we scale. In this role you will challenge and grow our engineers with the individual in mind. Your primary focus is your team and the people in it, and we expect you to build a great culture with diversity as a core value.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
About this role:
- Develop people through coaching, mentoring, and management support
- Work with other development teams, Product Owners, and others to maintain high levels of transparency, efficiency, and collaboration
- Advocate and promote leadership at all levels within the CircleCI engineering community
- Grow the technical expertise of your teams in performance, scalability, maintainable architecture and experimentation
- Participate in architecture discussions guiding our use of Clojure, microservices and other distributed technologies
- Work with the recruiting team to attract, onboard, and retain diverse top talent
- You thrive when developing great people, not just great products
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software engineering practices, primarily focused on distributed systems technologies
- You have at least three years of experience leading, coaching and mentoring software development teams and delivering working software together with them
- You know what it takes to build a team, you believe in agile & lean values and you are a servant leader
- You bring energy, positivity and drive to the teams you work with
CircleCI is the best platform for software teams looking to rapidly build quality projects, at scale. Our intelligent continuous integration and delivery tools are simple yet powerful. Our aim is to provide the wisdom of a connected development ecosystem to every team member making technology decisions.
We run 7M+ builds a month on our platform for companies like Spotify, Kickstarter, Sony, and Coinbase. Over 25,000 organizations and 300,000 developers actively build, test, and deploy on CircleCI. We’ve raised $59.5M in venture capital from Industry Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Scale Venture Partners, DFJ, Harrison Metal Capital, and Baseline Ventures.
We care deeply about diversity and inclusivity. We’re hiring at all experience levels, and seek talented teammates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who are equally committed to cultivating a work environment of respect and kindness. We carefully consider every applicant that takes the time to apply.