Senior Visual Designer
San Francisco, California
As Senior Visual Designer, you will be responsible for the strategy and execution of CircleCI’s brand across all customer and user touch points.
Velocity is critical for software teams in today's competitive landscape, but maintaining speed can be difficult as apps and systems grow larger and more complex. CircleCI’s platform allows developers to rapidly release code (for web and mobile apps) they trust by automating the build, test, and deploy process. CircleCI enables developers to detect and fix bugs before they even reach customers. Thousands of leading companies including Facebook, Kickstarter, Shyp and Spotify rely on CircleCI to accelerate delivery of their code and enable developers to focus on creating business value fast.
CircleCI is a Bay Area Best Places to Work 2016 award winner. Founded in 2011 and headquartered in beautiful downtown San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture backed by Scale Venture Partners, DFJ, Baseline Ventures and Harrison Metal Capital.
About Design at CircleCI
Design at CircleCI is a multi-disciplinary team that drives a consistent voice and experience through our entire customer and partner network. The team is made up of communication designers, product designers, visual designers and researchers who work hand in hand with marketing, product management and engineering to create CircleCI’s industry leading product. If you want a chance to work on a unified brand, marketing, and product vision, the CircleCI design team is the right place for you.
- Drive evolution of the CircleCI brand across all touchpoints and identify opportunities for growth
- Collaborate on overarching brand projects across CircleCI to create a first-class branded end-to-end customer experience.
- Lead design on marketing programs and initiatives.
- Collaborate with user research to gain insights and feedback on design
- Practice best-in-class creative work and provide proper creative leadership to craft a coherent and consistent visual narrative for all audiences across Product and Marketing areas.
- Work closely with the product marketing, content, and demand generation teams to develop effective designs for all online demand generation and content assets including blogs, landing pages, email templates, banner ads, white paper templates, etc.
- Manage and provide direction for outsourced designers including illustration, videography, creative production and other resources
- 4+ years of design experience (in a SaaS environment a plus)
- Experience with establishing effective A/B testing programs
- Experience working on diverse projects and a proven track record of improving conversion rates
- A background in a Visual Communication Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, or another design related program
- Strategic thinker with the ability to drive creative while fully understanding business objectives
- Strong leadership qualities in the majority of these areas: supportive collaborator, trusted cross-functional team member, empathy for the user
- Great communicator and collaborator (both written and verbal)
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and find opportunities for process and structure
- An exceptional portfolio featuring examples of multi-channel design projects
- Experience of working on projects with multiple stakeholders internal or external
- Expertise with Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Strong understanding of design principles including layout, typography, design thinking, and HTML/CSS
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resume, cover letter and a link to your portfolio, describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or share your work on a design community (Behance, Dribbble, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We care deeply about diversity and inclusivity. We’re hiring at all experience levels, and seek talented teammates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who are equally committed to cultivating a work environment of respect and kindness. We carefully consider every applicant that takes the time to apply.