Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Anywhere from UTC-8 to UTC+1
CircleCI is looking for an experienced full stack software engineer to help us develop a seamless user experience. You will work closely with Product and Design to ensure developers who interact with CircleCI via the web have a consistent and streamlined experience from the first time they touch the site.
At CircleCI you will be working with a team who values trust, respect, and diversity. We are a globally distributed team working towards the common goal of being the standard bearer for continuous integration and deployment software. We are remote friendly, and are looking for people who are passionate about helping shape software engineering best practices for the industry as a whole.
To thrive in this role you are someone who works well in teams, and enjoys collaborating. Furthermore you have experience in onboarding, engaging, and retaining users through their journey on various platforms. You enjoy working with Product and Design to find the best solution to the problem at hand, and balance technical tradeoffs with delivering customer value quickly and iteratively. Experience with Growth Engineering a plus.
CircleCI is the best platform for software teams looking to rapidly build quality projects, at scale. Our intelligent continuous integration and delivery tools are simple yet powerful. Our aim is to provide the wisdom of a connected development ecosystem to every team member making technology decisions.
We run 7M+ builds a month on our platform for companies like Spotify, Kickstarter, Sony, and Coinbase. Over 25,000 organizations and 300,000 developers actively build, test, and deploy on CircleCI. We’ve raised $59.5M in venture capital from Industry Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Scale Venture Partners, DFJ, Harrison Metal Capital, and Baseline Ventures.
About this role:
- Work closely with Product to ensure delivery of high value customer facing features
- Work on cross-functional, feature-driven engineering teams
- Drive the direction of the UI and UX of our web app, as well as the technical direction of our frontend architecture
- Own microservices throughout their entire lifecycle, from the first lines of code through deployment, production monitoring, and maintenance
- Help shape how we design, release, and maintain microservices, and our single page application
- 3+ years of production development experience
- Experience developing single page applications
- Experience working on server side application code
- Experience with and appreciation for the functional programming paradigm
- Articulate UI and UX opinions, especially in regards to platforms and funnel dynamics
- A deep appreciation for and abilities to support your development with appropriate testing
- Working in a highly collaborative environment
- Supporting an environment that values trust, respect, and diversity
- Exploring different methods for efficiently delivering code and customer value
- Delivering value to customers
- Sharing your expertise and encouraging best practices
CircleCI is a Bay Area Best Places to Work 2016 award winner. Founded in 2011 and headquartered in beautiful downtown San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture backed by Scale Venture Partners, DFJ, Baseline Ventures and Harrison Metal Capital.
We care deeply about diversity and inclusivity. We’re hiring at all experience levels, and seek talented teammates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who are equally committed to cultivating a work environment of respect and kindness. We carefully consider every applicant that takes the time to apply.