Community Onboarding Manager (CSM)
Brooklyn, NY /
Go to Market /
Circle is building the modern community platform for every creator and brand in the world: think "Shopify for creator/brand-led communities". We make it really easy for creators and brands to bring their discussions, members, and content all into one place. Circle is a product-led company, with thousands of paying customers.
You’ll be the first person on our team solely focused on working hands-on with our customers to help guide them to a successful launch on Circle. You’ll have the opportunity and our full support in defining, building and executing our 1:1 onboarding program for our largest and most sophisticated creators.
We have over 5k paying communities powered by Circle and that number is growing significantly month-over-month. We expect you’ll be directly owning 20-30 customer implementations per month and will use learnings and success to inform our 1:many scaled onboarding programs and building out a team of Community Onboarding Managers in the future.
This is a 100% remote role. We're now a fully remote team of 65 (and growing!) based in the U.S., Colombia, Portugal, India, Argentina, Slovenia, and other countries. We have a preference for candidates in U.S. time zones for this role due to the majority of customers being located in North America.
Check out our Careers page for more information about us.
- Onboarding new clients by understanding their goals & vision and then helping them learn how to accomplish them using Circle the product, consulting them on community design, strategy best practices and technical integrations. Launch can be as quickly as 3-4 weeks from time of sale.
- Spend the majority of your time working directly with customers through Zoom meetings for training & planning, proactive follow-ups and guidance via email and responding promptly to questions that arise
- You’ll be passionate about building relationships and helping our clients succeed in building an engaging community and establishing yourself as a trusted advisor along their launch journey
- Communicate thoughtfully with your clients and internal stakeholders to ensure prompt answers that can be understood by both technical and non-technical recipients
- Become and maintain a deep understanding of the Circle Platform and make recommendations on how customers can use it to accelerate their desired outcomes
- Analyze product usage data to identify areas where customers are getting stuck, opportunities for expansion or training and helping identify at-risk customers
- Create the process and solve for our customers. With our fast growth it means a lot of different types of customers coming onboard and a product that’s always evolving. We need someone who jumps to action vs. waits to be called on
- Partner closely with other internal stakeholders to share learnings, design content & experiences and help us improve both our 1:1 and 1:many onboarding experiences
- Contribute feedback to Product/Engineering on product improvements to enhance customer engagement
Who we're looking for
- Ideally one of the following two experiences (1) 3+ years working directly with creators or a company in a community management role (2) 3-5+ years of experience in SaaS customer success or implementation role working with SMB/MM customers to drive product adoption and activation
- You enjoy getting hands-on with SaaS products. Becoming an expert in both value of and technical capabilities of tools is second nature.
- You have a mix of great people skills paired with strong technical aptitude
- Driven & process-oriented. You’re able to effectively balance competing priorities and make decisions that best support the customer, the team, and Circle. You’re able to efficiently switch contexts from responding to customer emails to leading a product training to meeting with the Product team about an upcoming feature
- You have an aptitude for digesting and effectively communicating technical concepts across audiences of varying technical ability and capable of diagnosing complex issues to recommend the most effective solutions
- You are a team player with a high level of integrity and desire to assist your team. When you find playbooks that work, you’ll teach others and champion wider adoption
- Self-motivated and proactive. You bias to action and work effectively in a highly ambiguous, ever-changing environment. You’re able to zoom into granular details and also zoom out to understand the larger strategy and philosophy of how and why decisions are made
- You’re resourceful - you may not have all the answers, but you know how to find them