Head of Growth
Brooklyn, NY /
Go to Market /
Circle is building the modern community platform for every creator and brand in the world: think "Shopify for creator/brand-led communities". We make it really easy for creators and brands to bring their discussions, members, and content all into one place. Circle is a product-led company, with thousands of paying customers.
The Head of Growth Marketing will be a leader responsible for accelerating Circle’s hyper growth through driving customer acquisition and retention. This executive will be responsible for the strategy and execution of all demand generation and lifecycle marketing activities. They will have ownership over the entire customer journey across acquisition, conversion and retention. Content marketing, including social media marketing, will also report into this role. The Head of Growth will also oversee growth engineering, and own their prioritization.
In addition to being a creative, best-in-class growth marketer, the Head of Growth Marketing will partner effectively with all other key functions. Sales and revenue operations will be particularly close collaborators.
A critical component of the Head, Growth Marketing’s mandate will be to hire, develop and lead a team of high performing marketers to enable Circle to effectively scale.
This is a 100% remote role. We're now a fully remote team of 65 (and growing!) based in the U.S., Colombia, Portugal, India, Argentina, Slovenia, and other countries. We have a preference for candidates in U.S. and European time zones.
Check out our Careers page for more information about us.
- Own and oversee all Acquisition/Demand Gen, Lifecycle marketing, Content marketing, and the entire customer journey through retention. In fact, you’ll really be helping to stand up these functions.
- Create a cohesive, relevant customer experience across the entire funnel
- Determine the investment strategy for deploying budget across a range of paid and earned media channels — develop predictable channels to acquire customers.
- Hire and mentor a best-in-class growth marketing team. You’ll create a ‘high performance marketing culture’ that exudes energy, spirited competitiveness, a winning attitude, and confidence that permeates the organization. You’re a coach at heart.
- Establish operational performance metrics, determining which factors and KPIs should be used to drive accountability and success across the growth organization. Partner with Revenue Operations to create dashboards and reporting.
- Elevate Circle’s lifecycle marketing, including onboarding (using tools like email) to fully activate customers. You’ll oversee the roadmap for our growth engineering for in-product onboarding.
- Own Circle’s online marketing events and campaigns (e.g. virtual summits).
- Partner closely with other revenue team leaders (including the head of sales, head of product marketing, head of revenue operations, and head of customer success.)
- Draw on customer research to identify personas and use these to guide marketing campaigns and acquisition and retention activities.
- Develop deep knowledge of market trends and the competitive landscape to shape growth marketing strategy.
Who we're looking for
- You’ve deeply understand software businesses and metrics
- You have a track record of success — you’ve played a key role in helping a company scale beyond $10m in ARR
- You’ve overseen demand gen/acquisition, content marketing, and lifecycle marketing — and you’re willing to stretch beyond your current experience.
- SMB/Consumer Focus: Deep familiarity with the unique opportunities and challenges of marketing to small businesses and solopreneurs.
- Analytical Rigor: Data-driven decision-maker. Proven ability to execute analytically driven growth marketing strategies to accelerate
- Experience working directly with a sales team, to hit goals around trials and opportunities.