Head of Talent
Brooklyn, NY /
Circle is building the modern community platform for every creator and brand in the world: think "Shopify for creator/brand-led communities". We make it really easy for creators and brands to bring their discussions, members, and content all into one place.
We're a cross-platform community product built for web and mobile, and we're looking for a Head of Talent to help build a strong foundation for the Talent function (you’ll be the first hire in the Talent function at Circle).
You’ll work cross-functionally with our leadership team / hiring managers to support the rapid growth of all functions. A critical component of the Head of Talent’s mandate will be to hire, develop, and lead a high-performing recruiting team to enable Circle to effectively scale.
This is a 100% remote role. We're now a fully remote team of 65 (and growing!) based in the U.S., Colombia, Portugal, India, Argentina, Slovenia, and other countries. We have a preference for candidates in U.S. and European time zones.
Check out our Careers page for more information about us.
- Own and oversee all talent acquisition. In fact, you’ll really be helping to stand up this function.
- Partner closely with our leadership team and other hiring managers to deeply understand their hiring plans and define recruiting needs. Lead the development of different recruiting strategies, with a focus on delivering innovative and scalable solutions to meet the hiring needs for each function.
- Build recruiting infrastructure (in and out of our ATS) to help us hiring at scale efficiently.
- Hire and mentor a best-in-class talent acquisition team. You’ll create a ‘high performance culture’ that exudes energy, spirited competitiveness, a winning attitude, and confidence that permeates the organization. You’re a coach at heart.
- Manage the entire lifecycle of talent acquisition across all teams (sourcing, screening, driving of process, and closing).
- Collect, analyze, and ultimately deliver feedback and action items to improve the overall hiring process based on recruiting metrics and post-hire debriefs.
- Develop a high quality, high-touch, and transparent candidate experience.
Who we're looking for
- 7+ years of talent acquisition experience at high growth startups or agencies, with a minimum of 3 years leading / developing a high performing team
- Proven experience in a high growth environment, building a talent acquisition strategy and team to hire at scale
- Experience leveraging data to assess recruiting progress, diagnose root causes of problems, and uncover new methods for efficiency
- Ability to think outside the box and create innovative / creative sourcing, closing, and building processes
- Experience working in fast-paced environments, handle multiple tasks, and adapt to hiring priorities that change quickly
- Amazing communication skills to collaborate with many different stakeholders (candidates, hiring managers, peers)
- (Nice to have) Experience identifying, targeting, and attracting high caliber talent for remote roles and/or internationally (Canada, LatAm, Europe, etc.)