Senior Financial Analyst (FP&A focus)
Finance – Finance /
Full-time, Remote (AMER)
Circle is building the world’s leading all-in-one platform for online communities. We make it possible for creators, coaches, educators, and businesses to bring together their audience with engaging discussions, live streams, events, chat, courses, and payments — all in one place, all under their own brand.
We’re proud to be a fully remote company of around 120 (and growing!) team members from 30+ countries around the world. We strive to find exceptional talent, empower them to do their best work, and in turn, have a meaningful impact in their own lives. We don’t track hours, but we manage for outcomes in an a-synchronous culture.
Twice a year, we bring the whole company together for incredible company retreats in beautiful places around the world!
About the role
We are building a small, highly agile Finance team that can support the combination of pace and efficiency that Circle moves at.
Circle is on a mission to get to a $100M run-rate in the next 5 years, and to do so profitably. You will work closely with the Head of Finance to continue to build out Circle’s financial planning and analysis capability in order to give Leadership the forecasting and analysis it needs to complete this mission.
What you'll be doing
- Work directly with the Head of Finance, one step removed from Circle’s CEO.
- Integrate new strategic and product initiatives into the existing financial model to forecast gross margin, FCF, NOI, LTV:CAC, etc. as Circle targets profitable Rule of 40 growth.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Sales, Marketing, Engineering, and Operations, to build simple, clear financial models which will be used by Leadership for strategy and decision making.
- Work closely with the Data team as they build out Circle’s data environment to ensure that Finance has the proper data to meet FP&A requirements.
- Conduct analysis of key performance indicators, operational metrics, and business trends, translating the data into actionable insights and recommendations.
- Prepare and present financial reports, presentations, and dashboards for Leadership.
- Assist with monthly financial reporting processes, as well as quarterly and annual financial planning.
- Participate in the financial due diligence for fundraising opportunities (if any).
- Undertake impactful ad hoc analyses and special projects.
- Ensure the accuracy, completeness, and integrity of financial data and reports.
What you'll need to be successful
- Strong alignment with our values. Find our values on our career page if you haven’t read up on them yet.
- You are proficient in English (spoken, written, and reading) at a CEFR Level C2 / ILR Level 5.
- Have a bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field.
- Have a minimum of 4 years of experience in financial analysis, with experience in SaaS.
- You are in a time zone that has reasonable overlap with Pacific Time during normal business hours --the rest of the finance team is based in this time zone.
- Have excellent analytical, strategic thinking, and decision-making skills.
- Possess strong Excel/Google Sheet skills, and experience with financial software systems.
- You are proficient in financial modelling and analysis.
- Are able to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex data clearly and concisely.
- You are a team player with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Are able to work in an ambiguous environment, to work independently and collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- You are proficient in SQL.
$100,000 - $120,000 a year
Cash compensation is a starting point, and we want all of our team members to be able to grow in their roles. In addition to equity, benefits and perks, our cash compensation is subject to an annual review and increase on a once per year basis on the hire date anniversary.
The fun stuff
Fully remote: work from anywhere in the world!
Autonomy and trust to do your job: we care about outcomes over everything else.
Paid time away: all employees are given 35 days of PTO annually.
Generous U.S. benchmarked compensation and startup equity no matter where you are in the world.*
Awesome medical coverage with 100% coverage for you and your family, or medical reimbursement options where applicable!*
Home office stipend to help you get up and running.
Learning & development stipend to help you level up your professional skills.
Annual bonus potential for roles that don't already receive variable income or commission.
Company retreats: Twice a year, the Circle team gets together for a fully paid company retreat in incredible places around the world! We’ve had past retreats in Colombia, Portugal, and Mexico, with more planned on the horizon.
Check out our Careers page for more.
*Your role, location and unique circumstance may affect this.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
As a fully-remote international company, diversity is baked into our DNA. Here’s how our CEO, Sid Yadav, frames our hiring mission: “let’s find talent in underserved and under-represented corners of the world, set them up to do the best work of their lives, and in turn, change their life.” To achieve this hiring mission, we offer competitive U.S.-benchmarked compensation no matter where someone’s located in the world, and we proactively seek candidates who expand representation of backgrounds, cultures and lived experiences in our teams.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Circle is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.