Senior Product Designer
Design – Product Design /
Full-time, Remote (AMER/EMEA)
Circle is building the world’s leading all-in-one platform for online communities. We make it possible for creators, coaches, educators, and businesses to bring together their audience with engaging discussions, live streams, events, chat, courses, and payments — all in one place, all under their own brand.
We’re proud to be a fully remote company of around 120 (and growing!) team members from 30+ countries around the world. We strive to find exceptional talent, empower them to do their best work, and in turn, have a meaningful impact in their own lives. We don’t track hours, but we manage for outcomes in an a-synchronous culture.
Twice a year, we bring the whole company together for incredible company retreats in beautiful places around the world!
About the Role
As a Senior Product Designer at Circle, you'll be more than just a team member—you'll be a key influencer shaping the future of our community SaaS platform, directly tailored to the booming creator economy. You'll have a high degree of autonomy and will be entrusted with significant responsibilities, shaping user experiences and design outcomes. Your focus will be on the UX aspects of events, live meetings, and content management—crucial areas that support our creators in turning their passions into profitable businesses. Your work will contribute to Circle's growing impact in a sector that is not only culturally significant, but also a major economic driver, generating billions globally. As Circle strives to be the go-to platform for creators looking to scale their communities and monetize their content, your role will be instrumental in turning that vision into a reality.
What you'll be doing
- Leading end-to-end design projects from concept to launch, ensuring exceptional UX/UI design.
- Crafting detailed user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs.
- Mapping out the user journey for event participation, from registration to live engagement, ensuring a frictionless and memorable experience.
- Creating effective design strategies for content management, allowing creators to easily organize, publish, and monetize their content.
- Leveraging analytics and user data to identify design opportunities, optimize user experience, and guide your design decisions.
- Communicating your design decisions effectively to senior leadership, developers, and other stakeholders, ensuring that your vision is aligned with business goals and user needs.
- Staying updated on the competitive landscape, keeping tabs on competitor movements and emerging trends in technology, design styles, and user engagement.
- Being proactive in researching improvements in the broader design and tech scene, and bring fresh ideas to the table.
- Engaging in various forms of communication—including asynchronous—to update teams, ask the right questions, and proactively remove blockers in your design process.
- Regularly reviewing our live applications, taking full responsibility for the UI and UX state of features under your purview.
- Actively participating in the review process as a feature nears launch, ensuring it meets the highest UI and UX standards.
- Working hand-in-hand with developers throughout the implementation process, offering design guidance and ensuring fidelity to the original design.
What you'll need to be successful
- Strong alignment with our values, find our values on our career page if you haven’t read up on them yet
- You are proficient in English (spoken, written, and reading) at a CEFR Level C2 / ILR Level 5.
- 6+ years of experience in product design with a strong portfolio showcasing UX/UI expertise.
- Strong proficiency in Figma, demonstrating expertise in utilizing this tool for high-fidelity design mockups, prototyping, and collaborative design processes.
- In-depth understanding of platform-specific design guidelines and responsive design principles.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, capable of presenting complex design concepts clearly and persuasively.
- A data-driven approach, leaning on both qualitative and quantitative insights to guide your designs.
- Ability to work autonomously while collaborating effectively with multiple departments.
- Keen attention to detail, ensuring a seamless and pixel-perfect end product.
- Degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field is preferred.
$125,000 - $135,000 a year
Cash compensation is a starting point, and we want all of our team members to be able to grow in their roles. In addition to equity, benefits and perks, our cash compensation is subject to an annual review and increase on a once per year basis on the hire date anniversary.
The fun stuff
Fully remote: work from anywhere in the world!
Autonomy and trust to do your job: we care about outcomes over everything else.
Paid time away: all employees are given 35 days of PTO annually.
Generous U.S. benchmarked compensation and startup equity no matter where you are in the world.*
Awesome medical coverage with 100% coverage for you and your family, or medical reimbursement options where applicable!*
Home office stipend to help you get up and running.
Learning & development stipend to help you level up your professional skills.
Annual bonus potential for roles that don't already receive variable income or commission.
Company retreats: Twice a year, the Circle team gets together for a fully paid company retreat in incredible places around the world! We’ve had past retreats in Colombia, Portugal, and Mexico, with more planned on the horizon.
Check out our Careers page for more.
*Your role, location and unique circumstance may affect this.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
As a fully-remote international company, diversity is baked into our DNA. Here’s how our CEO, Sid Yadav, frames our hiring mission: “let’s find talent in underserved and under-represented corners of the world, set them up to do the best work of their lives, and in turn, change their life.” To achieve this hiring mission, we offer competitive U.S. benchmarked compensation no matter where someone’s located in the world, and we proactively seek candidates who expand representation of backgrounds, cultures and lived experiences in our teams.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Circle is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.