Go to Market – Sales /
Circle is building the all-in-one community platform for creators and brands: think "Shopify for creator/brand-led communities". We make it really easy to bring people, discussions, live streams, content, events and payments together — all in one place, all under a personalized brand.
In November 2021, Circle raised $25M (Series A) to accelerate the way we help creators and brands interact with their customers, their partners, and their community.
Circle is a 100% remote company! We now have a team of about 95 (and growing) based in over 30 countries around the world.
About the role
Every day we have dozens of prospective community creators who reach out to Circle and want to talk to a real human. Mostly, they just want to know if Circle is right for them or not. And typically, that means they'd like a 1-on-1 demo or product walkthrough. We do a lot of demos for prospective customers since we have a lot of leads.
We're looking for an Account Executive that is empathetic, that loves educating customers 1-on-1, and will become an expert on Circle's product.
What you'll be doing each day
- You’re engaging prospective customers that have started a trial of Circle to help them become wildly successful with our platform. They will come from all over the world with very different types of businesses. Some days, you may do upwards of 8 demos!
- You’ll be executing a structured sales process. You’re good at doing discovery, demo’s, pricing/negotiation and building a mutual evaluation plan.
- You’ll constantly be learning about our product and how our customers are leveraging it. It’s changing daily as we release new features, and you’ll need to keep up.
- You’ll manage your pipeline with phone calls and emails to help the customer decide whether Circle is the right fit for them. You will be keeping your data in the CRM up to date, in real-time, all the time.
- You’ll share feedback with Revenue Enablement, Product and Marketing on process improvements or customer feedback.
- You’ll be leading the team alongside the Sales Manager. You have a vision for the team's culture.
You're perfect for the role if
- You’ve done transactional sales before. You have 3-5 years of experience in a closing role, in a transactional (high volume) sales environment.
- You’re relatable. You find it easy to make connections with others because you seek to find common ground. You enjoy meeting new people.
- You’re entrepreneurial or a creator yourself. You’ve built and run your own business and know the challenges that come with it.
- You’re technical. You enjoy hacking things together, have experience with automation software like Zapier and like coming up with workarounds.
- You’re analytical. You like the data, and don’t shy away from it. Bonus points if you’re strong with Excel/Google Sheets.
- Organization matters to you. You'll be talking with many customers and potential customers, and keeping your data up to date. You'll also need to be excellent at managing your time.
- You're empathetic and always put the customer first, even if it means they don't use Circle. We don't use aggressive sales tactics or sell Circle to people who don't need it. We tell customers that Circle isn't the right fit for them all the time. Acquiring customers is important. But they need to be the right kind of customers.
- You love creators and brands that are building communities.
- You have excellent writing skills. A large part of this role will be about communicating, both with customers, prospective customers and internally on our team.
- You’re very curious and resourceful. You enjoy delving into the unknown, reading, networking and researching to uncover the path forward.
- You like working from home. You thrive with autonomy and are self-motivated. This is essential since we’re a fully remote team. We take care of each other and like having fun, but we’ll never be in an office together. We do, however, get together every 6 months for a company offsite. We went to Medellin, Columbia and Cascais, Portugal in 2022, and are headed to Cancun, Mexico in Feb. 2023.
The fun stuff:
- Fully remote: work from anywhere in the world!
- Autonomy and trust to do your job: we care about outcomes over everything else.
- Competitive package:
- Generous compensation and startup equity no matter where you are in the world.*
- Awesome medical coverage with 100% coverage for you and your family!*
- Home office stipend to help you get up and running.
- Company retreats: Twice a year, the Circle team gets together for a fully paid company retreat in incredible places around the world! We’ve had past retreats in Colombia and Portugal, and our planning our next one in Mexico.
Check out our Careers page for more
*Your role, location and unique circumstance may affect this.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Circle is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We are dedicated to growing a diverse team of highly talented individuals and creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their best and authentic selves to work.
If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, whether it be alternate forms of material, accessible meeting rooms, etc., please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.