Revenue Operations Lead
Brooklyn, NY /
Sales, Marketing & Community /
Circle is building the modern community platform for every creator and brand in the world: think "Shopify for creator/brand-led communities". We make it really easy for creators and brands to bring their discussions, members, and content all into one place.
We're looking for a Revenue Operations Leader who will play a key role in our Sales & Marketing org, helping us stand up and establish revenue operations as a new function here at Circle. You will be responsible for everything from owning the CRM, automation, and data stack across the entire S&M org, to building the strategy and the team, to implementation. This is a leadership role within our sales and marketing org.
This is a 100% remote role. We're now a fully remote team of 40 (and growing!) based in the U.S., Colombia, Portugal, India, Argentina, Slovenia, and other countries. We have a preference for candidates in U.S. and European time zones.
Check out our Careers page for more information about us.
- Ownership over the CRM/Automation/Data stack across the entire Sales & Marketing org. Including vendor evaluation, procurement, managing the tech stack budget, and implementation.
- Build out the initial RevOps team. You will be excited about standing-up the revenue operations function, moving quickly, and getting in the weeds yourself. But over time, you will also recruit and hire a small team to support you. This could be a systems architect, an analyst, etc. You will have strong opinions around how to build the initial team.
- Collaborate with the product team to determine what the vision for the data warehousing and architecture will look like, so that we can make it easier for customer-facing teams to leverage this data. For instance, we will want the revenue team to see a 360 view of the customer in the CRM, including product usage, customer engagement (support tickets, sales emails, marketing campaigns, attribution) and contract data.
- Partner with the marketing team to implement an attribution model and empower the acquisition marketing/demand gen team to better understand campaign efforts across the entire customer journey.
- Partner with the marketing team to evaluate and implement a new marketing automation platform.
- Make it easier for the revenue teams to access and use data to make decisions, so they can spend less time creating reports, and more time making business decisions and taking action.
- Help the Sales & Marketing teams consistently improve at forecasting and modeling.
Who we're looking for
- You have at least 5-8 years of Revenue Operations experience in a high-growth, software company environment. With at least 3 of those managing a related team. You’ve done this before.
- Comfortable with Hubspot, Salesforce or a similar CRM, and you are an expert at CRM admin and implementation.
- You have successfully managed a tech stack with common sales and marketing tools (such as Hubspot, Clearbit, Drift, or others.)
- Experience supporting the full spectrum of revenue functions — spanning marketing, sales & CS. You’ve setup attribution models before for marketing, and also partnered closely with sales on CRM implementation and collaborated with product to identify product usage that the revenue teams can leverage.
- You are a leader and a coach. You have experience building a team and helping your team grow in their roles.
- Excellent writer and communicator. We’re a fully-remote team, and excellent writing is a key requirement in the role, especially for a team lead.
- Nice to have: You have experience in a product-led company like Circle and/or a software company with some self-serve motion
- You’re able to thrive in a fast-growing, venture backed startup environment that requires quick decisions and action — while also knowing when to invest long-term and understand downstream effects of your decisions.