Lead Software Engineer (Internal Tools)
Engineering – Core / Infrastructure /
Circle is building the all-in-one community platform for creators and brands: think "Shopify for creator/brand-led communities". We make it really easy to bring people, discussions, live streams, content, events and payments together — all in one place, all under a personalized brand.
In November 2021, Circle raised $25M (Series A) to accelerate the way we help creators and brands interact with their customers, their partners, and their community.
Circle is a 100% remote company! We now have a team of about 95 (and growing) based in over 30 countries around the world.
About the role
We're looking for a full-stack Lead Software Engineer (Rails/React) to join our Internal Tools team. At Circle, our Internal Tools team is responsible for building essential infrastructure and tooling for all internal use cases that enable our teams to help customers faster and more efficiently - this includes standing up and improving world-class open source systems as well as creating custom solutions when needed.
This is a 100% remote role. We're now a fully remote team of 88 (and growing!) based in the U.S., Colombia, Portugal, India, Argentina, Slovenia, and other countries. We have a preference for candidates in U.S. and European time zones.
- Define and work on Circle’s internal tools focused roadmap
- Ship often and ship with care
- Improve the quality of our codebase and identify architectural deficiencies in your product area
- Engage in considerate, but robust, PR reviews with Circle's engineers
- Lead and mentor the internal tools engineering team
- Work closely with Circle's co-founders and designers throughout the feature spec + design process
Who we're looking for
- Significant experience working with Ruby on Rails and general familiarity with React
- Experience working with complex user interfaces and API design
- Strong judgement and attention to detail when it comes to architectural, product, design, and process decisions. Your judgement should inspire a high level of trust within the team.
- A desire to work in an environment which values speed of iteration and individual autonomy
- (Ideal) 1-2 years of experience working on internal tools and / or using tools like Retool
The fun stuff:
- Fully remote: work from anywhere in the world!
- Autonomy and trust to do your job: we care about outcomes over everything else.
- Competitive package:
- Generous compensation and startup equity no matter where you are in the world.*
- Awesome medical coverage with 100% coverage for you and your family!*
- Home office stipend to help you get up and running.
- Company retreats: Twice a year, the Circle team gets together for a fully paid company retreat in incredible places around the world! We’ve had past retreats in Colombia and Portugal, and our planning our next one in Mexico.
Check out our Careers page for more
*Your role, location and unique circumstance may affect this.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Circle is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We are dedicated to growing a diverse team of highly talented individuals and creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their best and authentic selves to work.
If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, whether it be alternate forms of material, accessible meeting rooms, etc., please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.