San Francisco, California
Circle Medical is the fastest growing telemedicine provider in the US and has seen incredible growth of over 200% per year in each of the previous two years.
Circle Medical is a venture-backed Y-Combinator healthcare startup on a mission to bring quality, delightful primary care to everyone on the planet. Built by top-tier physicians, engineers, and designers, our medical practice and underlying technology have pioneered how people find and receive care.
Our focus on building directly for our patients and providers to address serious care accessibility issues has enabled us to grow over 3X year-over-year. We’re now using our most recent round of funding from WELL Health, backed by Sir Li Ka-shing, to continue building out our hybrid in-clinic and telemedicine model across all fifty states.
More about us can be found on our website!
We are currently looking for a Compliance Specialist who will report to the Director of Compliance & Policy. As we continue to grow, we are constantly searching for exceptional talent to be a part of our team. This position will be based out of our office in San Francisco working in-office a minimum of 4 days per month.
As the Compliance Specialist, you will serve as a subject matter expert regarding healthcare compliance and regulatory requirements and will support the Director of Compliance & Policy in the continued development and operation of the compliance program, implementation of compliance plans, and management of compliance risk.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Identifying, investigating, and reporting compliance issues, irregularities, and violations.
- Tracking and responding to complaints.
- Maintaining records of compliance activities.
- Preparing and filing compliance reports.
- Communicating with government agencies.
- Implement and manage an effective legal compliance program.
- Develop and review company policies.
- Advise management on the company’s compliance with laws and regulations through detailed reports.
- Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations.
- Regularly audit company procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risks.
- Assess company operations to determine compliance risk.
- Ensure all employees are educated on the latest regulations and processes.
- Resolve employee concerns about legal compliance.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or a related field preferred.
- Certified Risk and Compliance Management Professional (CRCMP) preferred.
- At least 6 months in a health-tech environment OR 2 years in a traditional healthcare environment
- The ability to think logically and analytically to problem-solve on a daily basis.
- Have emotional intelligence and the ability to possess self-awareness, and base decisions on your analysis of facts.
- Advanced research and google search capabilities
- Strong time management and prioritization skills to make sound business decisions.
- In-depth knowledge of the clinical, healthcare, and telemedicine standards and regulations
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal as well as auditory
- Familiarity with healthcare, telehealth, and regulatory terminology.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU AN EDGE
- Experience in the healthcare industry
- Proven track record with other startups or VC-funded companies
- Experience in healthcare & health-tech environments
In alignment with our values, Circle Medical has transparent salaries based on location, output levels, and options to trade cash for stock.
This is a full-time, salaried position with annual compensation of $64,500 - $65,700 USD plus generous vacation, full medical/dental benefits, and 401K.
- Flexible vacation, eligibility after 90-days
- Plus 10 annual paid Holidays
- $500 annual education and development reimbursement
- Wellness perks, including discounts for mental health programs and online wellness courses
Circle Medical is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.