Principal Product Manager
Product Management /
CircleUp is a data insights company that uses a unique combination of data aggregation and machine learning technology to discover and accelerate the growth of the world’s best businesses. We power every stage of private investing from sourcing and diligence to value creation. We are dedicated to bringing the data-driven investment decisions that have transformed public market investing to the private market, starting with consumer and retail. Ultimately, our mission is to empower entrepreneurs with the funding and support that they need to thrive.
Powered by Helio, CircleUp has deployed $1B+ capital to date, provides Helio as an application to external customers who want to invest in private companies, and has supported over 275 successful brands including LiquidIV, Halo Top, and Super Coffee. Helio is our comprehensive data and insights offering for consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry players, tracking 2M+ brands over time amounting to 700TB of data.
Decision-making in the private markets has historically been opaque, reliant on personal networks, and heuristics-driven. Using Helio means we remove human heuristics and biases from the investment process. We aren’t reliant on personal networks to find great companies and are able to identify entrepreneurs and businesses who have traditionally been overlooked. CircleUp launched in 2012, and is backed by top investors including Canaan Partners, GV, Maveron, QED Investors, Rose Park Advisors, Temasek and Union Square Ventures. CircleUp has been named one of the Top 5 Most Disruptive Companies in Finance by CNBC, 50 Best FinTech Innovators by KPMG, Top 3 Most Innovative Companies within Data Science by Fast Company and America's Most Promising Companies by Forbes.
Principal Product Manager Description:
We are looking for an entrepreneurial product leader to manage and own the evolution of our new SaaS based product. We’re looking for someone who thrives on solving hard ambiguous problems, and gets energized about the idea of disrupting an entire industry.
- Create and articulate a compelling vision, strategy, and roadmap based on customer driven learning and iteration. Get alignment from cross-functional team members and executives for your vision and strategy.
- Lead customer discovery and synthesize market needs from interviews with customers, research into product requirements and roadmap. There will be a heavy emphasis on customer interactions to uncover pain points, risks, make trade-offs that drive product direction.
- With your team of engineers and data scientists, deliver iterative prototypes that uncover customer value and define requirements for the product as we go - have a test and learn approach to product development
- Define product metrics, objectives, and key results to help guide, prioritize, and measure the success of the strategy, product initiativesWork cross-functionally with engineering, data science, our General Manager, legal teams to build, release, and promote new capabilities.
- You have at least 7 years experience as a Product Manager for SaaS products
- Demonstrated success in building early stage products from the ground up
- Experience with building data products ideally with UX/UI
- Experience in financial investing, CPG as a sector is greatly preferred but not required
- You get excited about disrupting an entire industry within the private investment markets
- You are a proactive self-starter with a bias toward action and the courage to overcome meaningful obstacles
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the job description you just read! Even if you feel that you don't meet all of the requirements and qualifications, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to speak with those who share our passion to help entrepreneurs thrive - not just those who match every bullet point in our job descriptions.
CircleUp is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex and gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity and gender expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), age, sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status and any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law. We encourage those who really want to make an impact to apply for our open positions.