Insights Analyst/Sr. Insights Analyst
San Francisco, CA /
New Ventures /
CircleUp is a data insights company that uses a unique combination of data aggregation and machine learning technology to discover and accelerate the growth of the world’s best businesses. We power every stage of private investing from sourcing and diligence to value creation. We are dedicated to bringing the data-driven investment decisions that have transformed public market investing to the private market, starting with consumer and retail. Ultimately, our mission is to empower entrepreneurs with the funding and support that they need to thrive.
Powered by Helio, CircleUp has deployed $1B+ capital to date, provides Helio as an application to external customers who want to invest in private companies, and has supported over 275 successful brands including LiquidIV, Halo Top, and Super Coffee. Helio is our comprehensive data and insights offering for consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry players, tracking 2M+ brands over time amounting to 700TB of data.
Decision-making in the private markets has historically been opaque, reliant on personal networks, and heuristics-driven. Using Helio means we remove human heuristics and biases from the investment process. We aren’t reliant on personal networks to find great companies and are able to identify entrepreneurs and businesses who have traditionally been overlooked. CircleUp launched in 2012, and is backed by top investors including Canaan Partners, GV, Maveron, QED Investors, Rose Park Advisors, Temasek and Union Square Ventures. CircleUp has been named one of the Top 5 Most Disruptive Companies in Finance by CNBC, 50 Best FinTech Innovators by KPMG, Top 3 Most Innovative Companies within Data Science by Fast Company and America's Most Promising Companies by Forbes.
About the role
We are seeking an Insights Analyst for a full-time position on the Helio Team. This person will work closely with the Commercialization Manager and General Manager of Helio as well as the product & technical team to commercialize our data platform, Helio. This includes owning customer project delivery, working with the product team to build a SaaS platform, and supporting business development to win new business. The ideal candidate will be results-oriented, data-driven, collaborative, and eager to tackle ambiguous problems. The role will be extremely fast paced and is likely to change day by day.
- Leverage Helio data to generate sourcing, diligence, and growth strategy analysis for leading investors, advisors, and operators within CPG industry
- Manage the day-to-day operations of a project team that will span data scientists, engineers, and product managers
- Collect and analyze customer feedback on Helio data and analysis and translate into actionable product learnings for the product development team
- Work directly with the product team, software engineers, and data scientists to build a scalable customer facing data platform
- Support the business development team by helping define customer use cases, leading product demos, and scoping and pricing customer engagements
- Drive cross-functional alignment and coordination among teams to stand up strategic projects with customer-focused business outcomes
- Potential to grow a team and manage direct reports
Ideal Experience (not all required)
- Experience leading a workstream
- Experience working with team members across multiple disciplines (e.g., product, engineering, data scientists, etc.)
- Strong product and/or project management skills with an ability to identify problems and opportunities and take strategic or operational ideas from conception to launch
- Strong relationship management skills. Proven ability to work with and influence a diversity of stakeholders at all levels internally and externally
- Ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment and think strategically about trade-offs and prioritization of projects
- A strong sense of hustle. Energized when making sense of chaos and handling urgent matters
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with experience creating executive-level presentations
- Ability to process information quickly, think analytically, and apply structure / frameworks to unstructured problems
- Dedication to metrics, operational efficiency, and process
- Familiarity with private investing, machine learning technology, CPG and/or SaaS industries, and SQL a plus
- Strong growth mindset and deep desire to grow both personally and professionally
- Proactive and organized self-starter who runs through walls to solve complex problems
- Exceptional integrity, highly intelligent and strong work ethic
- High degree of maturity and discretion, with ability to handle sensitive information
- The humility to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done
- Passion for data-driven decision-making and creating impact at scale
- Persistence typically associated with being a founder. This trait will not only serve you well in building CircleUp but also in interacting with the founders we are here to serve
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the job description you just read! Even if you feel that you don't meet all of the requirements and qualifications, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to speak with those who share our passion to help entrepreneurs thrive - not just those who match every bullet point in our job descriptions.
CircleUp is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex and gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity and gender expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), age, sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status and any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law. We encourage those who really want to make an impact to apply for our open positions.