CircleUp is a data insights company that uses a unique combination of data aggregation and machine learning technology to discover and accelerate the growth of the world’s best businesses. We power every stage of private investing from sourcing and diligence to value creation. We are dedicated to bringing the data-driven investment decisions that have transformed public market investing to the private market, starting with consumer and retail. Ultimately, our mission is to empower entrepreneurs with the funding and support that they need to thrive.
Powered by Helio, CircleUp has deployed $1B+ capital to date, provides Helio as an application to external customers who want to invest in private companies, and has supported over 275 successful brands including LiquidIV, Halo Top, and Super Coffee. Helio is our comprehensive data and insights offering for consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry players, tracking 2M+ brands over time amounting to 700TB of data.
Decision-making in the private markets has historically been opaque, reliant on personal networks, and heuristics-driven. Using Helio means we remove human heuristics and biases from the investment process. We aren’t reliant on personal networks to find great companies and are able to identify entrepreneurs and businesses who have traditionally been overlooked. CircleUp launched in 2012, and is backed by top investors including Canaan Partners, GV, Maveron, QED Investors, Rose Park Advisors, Temasek and Union Square Ventures. CircleUp has been named one of the Top 5 Most Disruptive Companies in Finance by CNBC, 50 Best FinTech Innovators by KPMG, Top 3 Most Innovative Companies within Data Science by Fast Company and America's Most Promising Companies by Forbes.
CircleUp is looking for a dynamic FP&A Manager to join our team. You will be a core member of the finance team helping to ensure that we're using the right information to make decisions. In this highly visible role you will guide meaningful strategic planning decisions by working with senior leaders across the company. You’ll play a major role in owning monthly business reviews, annual, and quarterly planning processes, and building cross-functional alignment. You will collaborate with business units to drive KPIs’ continuous improvement and develop models to track against budget requirements. Our ideal candidate is a highly analytical and independent thinker who leverages business judgment, driven by data, to drive critical strategic decisions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide data-driven insights to facilitate decision making and influence strategy with financial model building, reporting, process flow, and dashboard development.
- Collaborate in headcount planning, reporting, and forecasting for the company.
- Investigate and communicate monthly variances vs budget and forecast. Prepare analysis to supplement the review process and identify important areas of risk and opportunity
- Compose monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting both internally for leadership team and externally for the board and investors -- from raw data pull to polished presentation
- Build partnerships with internal partners across the company to translate company strategy into thoughtful KPI's
- Build and maintain sophisticated financial models.
- Lead the buildout of additional models and dashboards to track business unit progress on a weekly and monthly basis. Share insights with executives across the company
- Assist in developing monthly forecasts, annual budgets and long-range plans.
- Assist the Business Units with ad-hoc projects, analysis and reporting. Collaborate with internal partners to review financial performance of our business.
To thrive in this role, you have
- 6+ years of finance/FP&A, business intelligence, or consulting experience.
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or relevant field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience leading whole P&L financial planning and forecasting efforts within a high growth, ever-changing organization
- Excellent analytical and modeling skills along with the ability to understand trends in data, build forecasts, develop insights and turn them into strategies with high impact
- Ability to start from scratch on a wide range of initiatives with minimal guidance
- Superior communication skills and the ability to collaborate with all levels of an organization.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills required.
- Strong appreciation and focus on data-driven decision making
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the job description you just read! Even if you feel that you don't meet all of the requirements and qualifications, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to speak with those who share our passion to help entrepreneurs thrive - not just those who match every bullet point in our job descriptions.
CircleUp is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex and gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity and gender expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), age, sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status and any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law. We encourage those who really want to make an impact to apply for our open positions.