Go (Golang) Senior Software Engineer
Our Senior Software Engineers focus on the design, development and overall lifecycle of our software products. You’ll join a team of high-performing engineers who strive to improve Circonus’ monitoring and analytics platform. As a senior staff member you’ll be expected to operate independently, though your day-to-day will often involve working with a small team to create, support, and deploy production applications.
In particular, we’re seeking someone to help lead an effort to rewrite an existing monolithic web application towards a Go microservices architecture. Prior experience with such a rewrite is strongly preferred - please mention it directly within your cover letter or resume.
- Work in the office or remotely, or both (but not at the same time)
- Design, build, maintain, and document our APIs and services
- Support our internal shift from a monolithic architecture over to a micro-service oriented model
- Design and implement software in Go, Perl, C or whatever language is appropriate for the task
- Complete unit, functional, and performance testing of produced deliverables
- Work alongside the Product team to ensure high quality deliverables
- Conduct peer reviews during design, coding and testing
- Coach and mentor team members
- 6+ years experience building, testing, and deploying high quality, highly reliable, scalable application servers and APIs in a team environment
- Strong experience in server-side development with Go and commonly used libraries; this is mandatory, please do not apply if you don't have real world Go experience
- Passion for quality-oriented, software development best practices including unit and functional testing, automation, continuous integration, and low-dependency architectures
- Comfortable working with git and GitHub for version control, including opening/reviewing pull requests and distributed branching models
- Experience working with project management software such as JIRA
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Perl; our existing web application is wholly in Perl
- Experience with Linux server administration
- Experience with Docker
- Experience re-architecting and/or re-implementing a legacy enterprise application
- Experience and/or senior level technical knowledge of monitoring and analytics solutions
- Experience working with cloud service providers such as AWS and Azure; it’s helpful to have worked directly on software that relied on these public cloud providers to have a good assessment of monitoring requirements in these environments
Circonus offers a powerful machine data intelligence platform to handle the world's most demanding use cases. From mission-critical IT infrastructure to data-intensive IoT applications, Circonus works with any tech and at any scale. Circonus uses advanced data science and patented technology to ingest and analyze machine data to deliver unmatched clarity, insights, and performance. From real-time alerts and fault detection to ML-based predictive analytics, Circonus helps companies optimize operations and deliver exceptional user experiences with confidence.
We enjoy a global reach, but our customers primarily cluster on the East Coast, California, and to a lesser degree, Europe. Our success stems from our industry-leading offering and our obsession with customer satisfaction.
Culturally, we operate like a startup. Small, agile teams with quick decisions and short, iterative cycle times. We relish our core values of respect, integrity, value and growth, among others.
All of our positions include a discretionary PTO policy, health insurance, gym reimbursement, a generous 401(k), the opportunity for a bonus and more.