Director of Sales – Blue Man Group
Chicago, IL, USA
Ventes, marketing & communications | Sales, Marketing & Communications
Temps plein | Full-Time
***Le poste étant situé aux États-Unis, la description de poste est disponible uniquement en anglais.***
Blue Man Group is seeking a Director of Sales to join its Chicago production. The Director of Sales is responsible for the development, direction and management of all sales initiatives for the Blue Man Group show in Chicago. This includes the creation and execution of the sales plan designed to proactively increase sales in current markets while targeting and growing new markets.
· Identify top markets to grow by season and develop and implement a plan, measuring results on a quarterly basis
· Direct all sales initiatives, both inbound and outbound for individual and group sales; maintaining existing and developing new relationships
· Continually grow new sales channels while maintaining all local partnerships that drive revenue including but not limited to OTA’s discount channels, sales partners, and other straight ticket driving outlets
· Plan, manage, gather materials and attend scheduled trade shows as the Blue Man Chicago representative including but not limited to Blue Man Productions scheduled trade shows, international receptive and others as opportunities arise
· In conjunction with the Director of Marketing, develop and manage sales partner relations such as but not limited to John Hancock Observatory, Willis Tower, League of Chicago Theatre (HotTix) and industry partners
· With the Resident General Manager, Blue Man Productions and Cirque du Soleil, determine needs, times and inventory movement strategies to meet monthly revenue goals. These strategies include consistently developing new sales outlets to new audiences and working with existing outlets including but not limited to Goldstar, Groupon, Hottix, OTA’s, etc.
· In conjunction with the Director of Marketing, Resident General Manager, Blue Man Productions and Cirque du Soleil, continue to finesse pricing for group and individual ticket buyers to ensure pricing remains audience appropriate and maximizes audience response
· Participate in discussion of all swag and promo tickets with the Director of Marketing
· Coordinate and run sales meetings
· In conjunction with the Senior Box Office Manager, develop and analyze sales reports that measure performance against income drivers; tracking individual and group sales, brokers and promotions
· Monitor and interpret attendance, sales and market trends and collaborate with the Resident General Manager on scheduling, pricing adjustments, and the development of sales and revenue goals.
· Oversee the management of the local sales budget
· Manage, evaluate performance and guide the Group Sales Manager and Group Sales Associate
Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of experience in group sales and/or guest/customer relations and should be a fun, energetic and self-motivated individual that enjoys a busy and creative work environment. Knowledge of ticketing procedures, Salesforce and Ticketmaster required. This is a full-time non-exempt position.
Blue Man Group is a global entertainment phenomenon, known for its award-winning theatrical productions, iconic characters, and multiple creative explorations. Blue Man Group is owned and operated by Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group.
Blue Man Group performances are euphoric celebrations of human connection through art, music, comedy, and non-verbal communication. Since debuting at New York’s Astor Place Theatre in 1991, the live show as expanded to additional domestic residencies in Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, and Orlando, an international residency in Berlin, and multiple North American and World tours, reaching more than 35 million people worldwide. Blue Man Group is universally appealing to a broad range of age groups and cultural backgrounds, and continually injected with new music, fresh stories, custom instruments, and sensory stimulating graphics.
Blue Man Group is committed to building a creative and dynamic workplace that celebrates individual differences and diversity, and treats everyone with fairness and respect. BMG does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local regulations.