Software Engineer - Front End
Remote - Canada /
Engineering & Product – Engineering /
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way—all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
As a Software Engineer at Cision, you will be working with an established team to design and deliver critical systems and services for Cision’s next-generation Digital-PR platform. This platform includes a rich web UI and is powered by large-scale data systems and micro-services. You will contribute and drive various efforts on a team that designs, builds, tests, deploys, maintains, and supports their work using a variety of open-source technologies in a fast-paced Agile environment.
About the Role:
- You will be part of a global Product Delivery organization of over 300 people with diverse technical backgrounds and skills
- You will work on a platform that contains billions of processed and enriched articles as well as 1 billion+ social influencers and publishers
- You will work in close collaboration with Product Managers, Product Designers and other Engineers to define and create the software components and services our customers depend on every day to do their jobs
- You will bring pragmatic experience with modern web technologies to guide the team in using clean patterns and maintaining a performant, scalable front-end architecture
- You will be responsible for solving complex problems related to user experience, accessibility, performance and reusability
- You will manage your own code - designing, building, testing, and deploying it from your local environment to production, with assistance from QA, DevOps and other developers as needed
- You will participate and provide guidance in thorough code reviews in a collaborative, constructive environment
- You and your team will maintain a backlog of epics, user stories, and tasks that you deliver continuously - we deploy to production many times a day
- You will be in constant communication with members of your team, your direct manager, and other global software developers
You will be a good fit if you have:
- Experience working with React, react-redux and TypeScript highly desirable
- Solid understanding of RESTful APIs – you have used and built APIs
- Experience working with CI/CD and Git
- Experience writing unit testing, ideally with React Testing Library, Jest
- Adaptable to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, eager to learn and master diverse technologies and techniques.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
Nice to Have Experience and Education:
- Knowledge of RESTful API design principles, OpenAPI spec, and Swagger
- Experience using Java or another jvm language - Groovy highly desirable
- Experience working with Grails, SpringBoot, or similar rapid-development frameworks
- Experience building and deploying microservices - Vert.x highly desirable
- Experience with Bitbucket, Jenkins and AWS platform - Elasticsearch and Kinesis highly desirable
- Experience working with relational databases such as MySQL and PostgresSQL
- Experience using agile methodologies such as Kanban or Scrum
- General experience with logging, monitoring, and alerting tools and techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent industry experience
As a global leader in PR, marketing and social media management technology and intelligence, Cision helps brands and organizations to identify, connect and engage with customers and stakeholders to drive business results. PR Newswire, a network of over 1.1 billion influencers, in-depth monitoring, analytics and its Brandwatch and Falcon.io social media platforms headline a premier suite of solutions. Cision has offices in 24 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information about Cision's award-winning solutions, including its next-gen Cision Communications Cloud®, visit www.cision.com and follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and perform at their best. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge and named a “Top Diversity Employer” for 2021 by DiversityJobs.com.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision’s commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.