Business Development Representative
Montreal, Quebec, Canada <English> /
Sales & Customer Experience – Sales /
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way—all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
Business Development Representatives (“BDR”) are responsible for the profitable growth of revenue through the acquisition of new business within dormant accounts and leads. This is a "teleprospecting" role that will target SMB, private, agencies and non-profit organizations across Canada with estimated spend under or above $10K. They will uncover the customers communication needs and overall strategy and onboard the new clients with a subscription to Cision, powered by Canada Newswire that aligns with their business goals.
Additionally, BDR go above and beyond current job role duties, demonstrate leadership in current role, act as a coach, consistently hit higher monthly targets, and maintain a cumulative monthly average of minimum KPIs.
- Maximizing, qualifying, and closing inbound lead opportunities
- Performing cold calls to generate sales leads.
- Sell in a consultative manner to decision-makers.
- Maintaining a sales database and creating a pipeline of prospects.
- Developing sales proposals and making web presentations to prospects.
- Performing follow-up calls to prospects.
- Negotiating and closing deals.
- Serves as the point person for prospect development and acquisition from the competition by taking advantage of package selling in the areas of media distribution and engagement, identify monitoring, and measurement opportunities.
- Working knowledge and success attaining sales targets and building the sales pipeline.
- Fluency in both French & English required
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Proven track record as a sales performer.
- Ability to sell a service in both short and long sales cycle.
- Extensive distribution product knowledge a plus.
- Ability to work effectively in high pressure, competitive and multiple-task environments.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience in similar role.
- Willingness to work flexible hours in accordance with company needs/workflow demands.
- Polished written and verbal communication skills are a must when engaging prospects and effectively differentiating our services and value proposition from the competition via telephone, web and email contact.
- Minimum sales experience in a closing role of two (2) years.
- Experience using sales apps such as Salesforce, Microsoft, Outreach, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Outreach, etc.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Working knowledge and success attaining sales targets and building the sales pipeline
As a global leader in PR, marketing and social media management technology and intelligence, Cision helps brands and organizations to identify, connect and engage with customers and stakeholders to drive business results. PR Newswire, a network of over 1.1 billion influencers, in-depth monitoring, analytics and its Brandwatch and Falcon.io social media platforms headline a premier suite of solutions. Cision has offices in 24 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information about Cision's award-winning solutions, including its next-gen Cision Communications Cloud®, visit www.cision.com and follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and perform at their best. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge and named a “Top Diversity Employer” for 2021 by DiversityJobs.com.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses. Cision provides accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted, please advise us if you require accommodation and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision’s commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.