DataOps Engineer - Falcon.io
Copenhagen, Denmark /
Engineering & Product – Engineering /
Cision Ltd is a leading global provider of innovative earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals. Cision’s Communications Cloud platform allows users to identify key influencers, craft and distribute strategic content, and measure meaningful impact of PR and Communications Teams’ campaigns. Cision has over 4,500 employees with offices in 23 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. For more information about our products and services, visit www.cision.com and follow us on Twitter @Cision.
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join that group! We invest in our people through training and professional development and we empower them to grow their careers - because the most important measure of our success is yours.
As a DataOps Engineer you will be covering the engineering aspects including data pipelines, DataOps related infrastructure and tools, data lifecycles, data schemas and data transformations.
The DataOps team breaks down the barriers between data and operations, and spearheads the democratization of data across the departments in Falcon. By employing an Agile way of working, using DevOps techniques and Statistical Process Control from Lean, the team's goal is to consolidate existing data streams into value for its consumers across the organisation.
What you will do:
- Work across multiple data platforms to integrate client data, be responsible for data quality control, research data issues, formulate data integrity solutions, and more
- Be hands-on, and champion implementation of proactive monitoring, alerting, trend analysis, and robust systems
- Develop and advance data reporting and data QC applications/systems
- Serve as technical contributor in enhancing and improving ETL processes
- Triage data research requests and issues to prioritize and systemize for effective resolutions
- Competently communicate and collaborate with multiple departments, customers, and development teams for anything data related
- Work effectively on an Agile team and collaborate well with your other team members
Who you are:
- Experienced engineer with 4-6 years industry experience
- Hold a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field
- Exceptional communicator both within and outside of the engineering organization
What you have:
- Decent know-how of data-architecture and data infrastructure
- Sound knowledge and experience in continuous development/delivery while maintaining a data pipeline
- Versed in ETL/ELT processes and tech stacks, we use Fivetran, DBT and Looker
- Proficiency in data querying and manipulation via SQL, NoSQL
- Intermediate level of proficiency in one or more programming languages, like Python, Java, or Shell scripting
- Experience with AWS Lambda, AWS Redshift, Google BigTable
- Experience setting up automated CI/CD pipelines
- Used to working with Testing
It would be a plus if you have:
- Experience in AWS Cloud Infrastructure Provisioning using Ansible and Terraform as configuration management tool
- You are familiar with or have a strong understanding of Kubernetes and containers (Docker)
- Experience in Apache Kafka for real-time processing
- A good understanding of system observability (proactive monitoring, alerting, trend analysis, and robust systems)
- A good understanding of the SDLC
What we offer:
- An open, informal and multinational working environment
- Get a high level of responsibility, work with the newest technologies, and have room for experimentation
- A competitive salary package
- An office space housed in the old Danish Design Center, directly opposite Tivoli Gardens in central Copenhagen
- Choose your own gear (laptop & phone)
- Pension and health insurance - because we believe prevention is better than cure
- Catered lunch, and healthy (and not so healthy!) snacks & drinks
- Friday bars and other regular social events
Falcon.io provides a unified SaaS platform for social media listening, engaging, publishing and managing customer data. We enable our clients to explore the full potential of digital marketing by managing multiple customer touch points from one platform. Our platform has already achieved great international traction in the market, with its technology endorsed by partnerships with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Founded as Falcon Social in Copenhagen in 2010, we now also have offices in New York City, Berlin, Budapest, Sofia, Melbourne and Chennai. We joined the Cision family in January 2019, and together we help brands build better relationships with their customers. We’re a highly diverse team, and we’re always looking for passionate and curious people who want to be part of a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
Cision is committed to building an environment where all employees are set up to thrive and reach their full potential. We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge, the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance diversity and inclusion within the workplace.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision’s commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.