Business Development Manager
Singapore, Singapore /
Sales & Customer Experience – Sales /
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way—all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Focus on new business sales for our platform solutions, targeting marketing, corporate communications, public relations and/or investor relations professionals over the telephone, via emails, and through face to face meetings
- To reach or exceed specific quarterly and annual targets by achieving pre-set criteria on revenue generated, with primary focus on corporate workflow solutions such as media monitoring and insights, social media management and listening as well as newswire distribution and content strategy services.
- To ensure that all clients are handled to the highest standards and everything is known about their corporate PR, marketing communications and digital requirements throughout the year
- To stay ahead of competition by following up on all leads and opportunities to maximize the chance of winning business and by keeping regular contact with clients and prospects
- To provide regular (weekly, monthly and ad hoc) feedback of sales activities to the Supervisor, including clients wins/losses, competition activity, product feedback, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2 years plus of new business sales a prerequisite, expertise in SaaS (Software as a Service), or subscription-based solutions preferred. Relevant experience in industries such as corporate communications, marketing, public relations, investor relations, advertising and/or media sales would be an advantage.
- A solid track record of consistently delivering or exceeding sales targets and other relevant KPIs
- High level of self-motivation, growth mindset and accountability; ability to work both independently and as a team in a fast-paced working environment
- Competent in territory management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; mature and engaging personalities
- Fluent speaking and writing in English and local language
- Proficiency in Internet and PC software, esp. MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- User knowledge and experience in CRM system is preferred. Salesforce is an advantage
As a global leader in PR, marketing and social media management technology and intelligence, Cision helps brands and organizations to identify, connect and engage with customers and stakeholders to drive business results. PR Newswire, a network of over 1.1 billion influencers, in-depth monitoring, analytics and its Brandwatch and Falcon.io social media platforms headline a premier suite of solutions. Cision has offices in 24 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information about Cision's award-winning solutions, including its next-gen Cision Communications Cloud®, visit www.cision.com and follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and perform at their best. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge and named a “Top Diversity Employer” for 2021 by DiversityJobs.com.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision’s commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.