Enterprise Account Director
Beltsville, Maryland, USA
Sales – Account Management
Cision is a leading global provider of software and services to communications and marketing professionals. Our flagship product, the Cision Communications Cloud, is an industry-leading comms platform that delivers best-in-class earned media monitoring and analytics, a comprehensive media and influencer contact database, newswire distribution, business results attribution capabilities, and much more.
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate folks in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join that group! We invest in our people through training and professional development and we empower them to grow their careers - because the most important measure of our success is yours.
Enterprise Account Director - Washington, D.C. territory
We are a leader in the professional communications software space. By investing in our brand and technologies, we are driving change in how communications pros distribute, monitor and evaluate their content. We invest in our people through training and management and empower them to drive their careers.
Responsible for the retention and profitable growth of revenue within assigned government accounts. Serves as the focal point of client contact other resources (e.g.,broadcast, Insights, compliance specialists, sales leadership, executive management, billing, contracts, editorial, sales support, customers service, etc.) to ensure the client is well serviced and takes advantage of all appropriate products/solutions. Advises clients in the areas of message development, distribution, monitoring, and measurement. May be assigned specific account types (agencies vs. non-agencies, public vs. private), industries (entertainment & sports, health/beauty, retail, etc.), or work across a variety of customer segments. Total of assigned accounts will be $2.5M to $3M in annualized revenue across the entire service/product portfolio.
You will help us with:
- Analyzes customer assignment and develops a plan of action in conjunction with the Sales Director for how they will grow revenues and achieve their assigned quota through a mix of retention and expansion.
- Proactively and regularly calls on existing customers (at least quarterly) to drive business conversations to uncover new opportunities, monitor service/product usage, issues, and competitive activity, ensuring a high rate of revenue retention and product renewal.
- Builds strong and broad relationships with multiple points of contacts at each account (e.g., communications, social media, marketing, Investor relations, senior leadership) based upon the ability to add value to their business.
- Expands existing business by positioning and selling the appropriate products/services to address needs. Must sell across the full line of products/services. Presents and sells structured payment deals when appropriate.
- Networks within local geography, account, or industry focus.
- Works collaboratively the New Business Director team to transition after a New Business Director secures a new account. Focus on retaining and expanding these new accounts.
- Onboard assigned new members that proactively reach out to the Member Service Center. Focus on retaining and expanding these new accounts.
- Fully satisfies the company’s and their manager’s expectations related to sales activity (e.g., calls per week, proposals per week, account reviews, etc.), behavior, reporting (sales activity, opportunity pipeline management, customer profiling, etc.), and administration.
- Knowledge of government regulations and the FAR as it relates to government contracting
- Review client requests for Proposals/Quotes (RFP/RFQ), Requests for Information (RFI) and Statements of Work (SOW) to structure content to be compliant, compelling, and highly rated by the client
You will be a good fit if you have:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Experience working in an account management/client success capacity with a SaaS product
- At least 2 years of direct sales experience
- Deep understanding of the Federal Government as it relates to mission, function and governance is a plus
- At least three years of successful outside sales experience with demonstrated ability to exceed assigned quotas through retention and expansion and to meet sales activity and behavior expectations
- Understanding of government and contracting and schedules
- Proficient with sales force automation tools (ex. Siebel, Salesforce.com, Goldmine, etc.)
- Ability to travel to client sites daily, with the potential for 20% - 40% travel
- Valid driver's license required
- Excellent networking, relationship building, communication, presentation, and persuasion skills
- Keen interest in business news
- Understanding of multimedia and social media
Cision Ltd (NYSE: CISN) is a leading global provider of innovative earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals. Cision’s Communications Cloud platform allows users to identify key influencers, craft and distribute strategic content, and measure meaningful impact of PR and Communications Teams’ campaigns. Cision has over 5,000 employees with offices in 23 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. For more information about our products and services, visit www.cision.com and follow us on Twitter @Cision.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Cision is committed to building an environment where all employees are set up to thrive and reach their full potential. We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge, the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance diversity and inclusion within the workplace.
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V, 41 CFR 60–1.4