Market Development Representative (Austin)
Austin, Texas, USA
Marketing & Communications – Marketing
Cision is a leading global provider of software and services to communications and marketing professionals. Our flagship product, the Cision Communications Cloud, is an industry-leading comms platform that delivers best-in-class earned media monitoring and analytics, a comprehensive media and influencer contact database, newswire distribution, business results attribution capabilities, and much more.
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate folks in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join that group! We invest in our people through training and professional development and we empower them to grow their careers - because the most important measure of our success is yours.
What you'll do:
- Primary focus: follow up on all inbound leads to the organization (Demo Requests, Tier 2 content downloads, Website Chat, Inbound Phone Calls, etc) in order to set up demo calls for sales
- Secondary focus: strategic, cold outbounding to other prospects at your owned accounts
- Develop a thorough understanding of the TrendKite and Cision platforms, our industry, and ideal customer profile
- Make 50 outbound calls per day and 50 outbound emails per day to contacts within your inbound prospect organizations using sales enablement tools and in a professional/creative manner
- Research, identify, and contact potential customers
- Collect market data during customer outreach to understand prospective customer needs and effectively communicate those needs to the sales team
- Execute on various marketing campaigns to support integrated sales and marketing demand generation initiatives
- Generate a pipeline of sales opportunities through inbound lead follow up as well as other activities
- Manage inbound chats at rotating assigned times
- Qualify inbound opportunities via chat, phone, and email as assigned
- Partner with sales reps to ensure that opportunities are moving forward
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience making outbound calls is preferred
- Be able to clearly articulate company value proposition and use cases
- An entrepreneurial spirit - hunger, self-motivation and work ethic
- Interest in and passion for working at a hyper-growth company
- Positivity and desire to uplift and share knowledge with those around you
- Bonus if you have lead generation experience in a SaaS technology startup and/or Salesforce experience
Cision Ltd (NYSE: CISN) is a leading global provider of innovative earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals. Cision’s Communications Cloud platform allows users to identify key influencers, craft and distribute strategic content, and measure meaningful impact of PR and Communications Teams’ campaigns. Cision has over 5,000 employees with offices in 23 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. For more information about our products and services, visit www.cision.com and follow us on Twitter @Cision.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Cision is committed to building an environment where all employees are set up to thrive and reach their full potential. We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge, the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance diversity and inclusion within the workplace.
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V, 41 CFR 60–1.4