Senior Software Engineer
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
Engineering & Product – Engineering
Cision is a leading global provider of software and services to communications and marketing professionals. Our flagship product, the Cision Communications Cloud, is an industry-leading comms platform that delivers best-in-class earned media monitoring and analytics, a comprehensive media and influencer contact database, newswire distribution, business results attribution capabilities, and much more.
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate folks in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join that group! We invest in our people through training and professional development and we empower them to grow their careers - because the most important measure of our success is yours.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Cision, you will be working with an established team to design and deliver Cision’s next-generation Digital-PR platform. This platform includes a rich web UI and is powered by large-scale data systems. Your team designs, builds, tests, deploys, maintains, and supports their work on a continuous basis using a variety of open-source technologies in a fast-paced Agile environment.
- Be a part of the Product Delivery org that includes 300+ individuals with diverse technical backgrounds and skills that span the US and Europe
- Work in close collaboration with Product Management to define and create a backlog of epics, user stories and tasks that are continuously delivered
- Continuously communicate and collaborate with members of your team, as well as other global software developers and teams
- Be designing, building, testing and deploying your own code from local environment to production with assistance from QA, DevOps and other developers as needed
- Be a key contributor to thorough code reviews in a collaborative, constructive environment
- Mentor and assist members of the team in software development and deployment
You might be a good fit for this role if you:
- Have +7 years of software development experience
- Love working as a member of a domestically diverse and international, collaborative development team
- Have a passion for scalable SaaS delivery, good engineering practices, testing and learning new technologies
- Seek to help drive process improvements to make your team and other teams run more efficiently
- Have a solid understanding of object oriented programming concepts. You should be comfortable with design pattern discussions and implementation
- Proven professional technical expertise in the following technologies: JAVA, Groovy/Grails, Spring, NodeJS, React, AngularJS, PostgreSQL and/or MySQL
- Solid understanding of RESTful APIs – you have built and deployed an API
- Expertise working in an AWS environment - Elasticsearch highly desirable
- Experience working as a member of a Kanban or Scrum team
- DevOps experience, to include version control, automated builds, automated testing, and continuous integration with tools such as, Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket, Ansible
- General experience with logging, alerting and monitoring techniques and principles
- Experience with SendGrid
- Experience building and deploying microservices with a tool kit such as Vert.x
Cision Ltd (NYSE: CISN) is a leading global provider of innovative earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals. Cision’s Communications Cloud platform allows users to identify key influencers, craft and distribute strategic content, and measure meaningful impact of PR and Communications Teams’ campaigns. Cision has over 5,000 employees with offices in 23 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. For more information about our products and services, visit www.cision.com and follow us on Twitter @Cision.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Cision is committed to building an environment where all employees are set up to thrive and reach their full potential. We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge, the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance diversity and inclusion within the workplace.
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V, 41 CFR 60–1.4