Sales Manager, New Business
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sales – Inside Sales
Cision is a leading global provider of software and services to communications and marketing professionals. Our flagship product, the Cision Communications Cloud, is an industry-leading comms platform that delivers best-in-class earned media monitoring and analytics, a comprehensive media and influencer contact database, newswire distribution, business results attribution capabilities, and much more.
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate folks in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join that group! We invest in our people through training and professional development and we empower them to grow their careers - because the most important measure of our success is yours.
- Drive the consistent achievement of monthly, quarterly, and annual new business development goals.
- Provide coaching to team through weekly one-on-one meetings, team meetings, call shadowing and call coaching focusing on improving quality of calls, deal advancement and forecasting.
- Coach and enforce training on our sales methodologies, techniques, internal operations and product lines.
- Deliver accurate forecast reports based on standardized sales stages with manager opportunity notes to the director on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Maintain and expand positive interdepartmental communication and teamwork, also ensuring that the client experience is seamless. Assist with outreach to clients as needed.
- Invest in the ongoing recruiting process: interviewing, hiring and the onboarding of new hires.
- Ultimately, develop a winning team of high performing individuals focused on expanding Cision’s customer base through net new logo acquisitions
- Highly entrepreneurial, dynamic sales and management leader with versatility in both net new business and current client upsell and/or cross-sell business.
- Demonstrated ability to hit revenue targets with two or more years working in a manager or team leadership sales role.
- Ability to diagnose common customer needs and issues, and to translate those needs into actionable product-driven solutions.
- Understanding of the Cision Product Suite: Next Gen, PR Newswire, Impact, Falcon, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to build and convey compelling value propositions along with a proven ability in developing, negotiating and closing business.
- Experience utilizing/teaching a sales methodology - Miller Heiman preferred.
- Proficiency using Salesforce.com
- Experience selling SaaS products.
- BA/BS required. Master or MBA a plus.
Cision Ltd (NYSE: CISN) is a leading global provider of innovative earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals. Cision’s Communications Cloud platform allows users to identify key influencers, craft and distribute strategic content, and measure meaningful impact of PR and Communications Teams’ campaigns. Cision has over 5,000 employees with offices in 23 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. For more information about our products and services, visit www.cision.com and follow us on Twitter @Cision.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Cision is committed to building an environment where all employees are set up to thrive and reach their full potential. We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge, the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance diversity and inclusion within the workplace.
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V, 41 CFR 60–1.4